Medical Assistant (Multiple Locations), Seattle Area, WA
Full-time at Bothell, WA · Federal Way, WA · Kent, WA · Midway, WA · Redmond, WA · SeaTac, WA · Tukwila, WA · Auburn, WA · Kent, WA
Attention Medical Assistant Applicants: Ask us about the $1000 Signing Bonus! ($500 on your first paycheck; $500 at six months).
Responsible for back office functions including patient preparation, support of health care providers, laboratory procedures and clinic operations in a manner that promotes quality patient care. Act as liaison between front office and provider for ensuring timely and orderly patient flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain exam rooms, laboratory area and lavatory with supplies before the start of the day, at the end of the day and as needed throughout the day.
- Room and prepare patients for exams including chief complaint and vital signs and request reports needed for patient care.
- Provide assistance with patient exams, minor surgeries and medical procedures.
- Perform laboratory procedures including, but not limited to, venipuncture, hemoglobin, rapid strip, urine chemstrips, microscopic, wet mounts, blood glucose and pregnancy tests.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including, but not limited to, injections, vaccinations, EKGs, spirometry, audiometry and nebulizer treatments.
- Triage patients for appointments.
- Respond to calls from patients
- Order medication and medical supplies for the clinic.
- Ensure lab specimens are properly labeled, recorded and sent to appropriate outside laboratory.
- Complete laboratory control sheets according to HealthPoint procedures.
- Fill out lab, x-ray and referral forms according to HealthPoint procedures.
- Provide instructions to patients on the use of medications as directed by the Provider.
- Provide telephone refilling of medications. Record medication refills in patient charts.
Licenses or Certificates
- Must possess an Active Washington State Medical Assistant Certification or Interim Certification. OR, complete MA Registration application at time of hire and successfully complete Interim MA Certification application process within 60 days of date of hire.
- Maintain current certification/licensure as a Medical Assistant in the state of Washington.