Pharmacy Technician II (Multiple Locations), Seattle Area, WA
Full-time at Auburn, WA · Midway, WA · Redmond, WA
Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, compounds and dispenses medical prescriptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all federal, state and agency regulatory standards as related to pharmacy practice.
- Compound medical prescriptions according to the instruction/supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Dispense medicine prescribed to patients according to the instruction/supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Input insurance, patient and prescription information into the computer.
- Process third party insurance claims online and obtain prior authorizations as necessary.
- Answer phone calls from customers and medical providers.
- Collect co-pays from patients and perform cash register duties at pharmacy counter including end of day pharmacy POS system procedures and ensuring correctness of reports.
Education and/or Experience
- Pharmacy Technician Certification from accredited pharmacy technician program.
- One to three years related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.