Registered Nurse, Atascadero, CA
- Helps to create a clean, safe and therapeutic environment for patients or inmates; apply mental health principles and relationship security with patients or inmates; and supervise patient activities.
- Performs nursing procedures such as administering medications including oral medications and hypodermic injection, observing and assessing patients or inmates physical condition and behavior and reporting significant changes to the shift lead or physician and recording nursing notes in the patients or inmate record; assessing and recording patient acuity ratings; determining Nursing Diagnosis and preparing Nursing Care Plans.
- Perform shakedowns; i.e., searching for drugs, contraband, weapons and inspecting facilities to identify security breaches that could lead to the escape of a patient or inmate; observing and intervening in patient behavior that may injure people, damage property or signal impending escape attempts, applies and demonstrates knowledge of correct methods in the prevention and management of assaultive behavior (PMAB), that includes patient containment, heavy lifting, applying restraints, and responding to emergency situations throughout the hospital.
Possession of the legal requirements to practice as a professional Registered Nurse in California.
In order to be considered for this job vacancy, you must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the competitive State civil service exam pertaining to the vacancy, or
- Have current employment with the State of California in the same classification or in a classification that is comparable (employees who wish to be considered based on transfer eligibility must meet the minimum qualifications of the classification per DPA Rule 250) or
- Have obtained previous employment with the State of California in the same classification or in a classification that is comparable.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT A CURRENT OR FORMER STATE EMPLOYEE, YOU MUST FIRST TAKE AND PASS AN EXAMINATION TO OBTAIN LIST ELIGIBILITY. For information regarding exams, please visit http://www.jobs.ca.gov.