ENT/IM Clinical Nurse II, Sacramento, CA
The ENT/Internal Medicine is a 28 bed remote telemetry medical surgical unit that specializes in pre and post-operative Ear, Nose and Throat Cancers. We are experts of specialized airways like laryngectomies and tracheostomies. We participated in the post-operative care for the world's 2nd tracheal transplant in the world. We also care for complex medical patients DKA, COPD, hypertensive crisis and adolescents.
Works within the clinical scale of the Job Performance Standards to implement the nursing process. Accountable for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act. Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills.
- At least six months recent RN experience in a similar setting.
- Current CPR Certification.
- External candidate: BSN required. Per Diem to Career: BSN required or in progress.
- Possession of valid California RN license.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Passing of UCDMC Performance Demonstration, Policy Review and Medication Exam.
- One or more years of paid RN experience is a similar setting.
- ACLS Certification.
- Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends and holidays.
- Continued ability to meet Clinical Nurse II job performance criteria.
- Knowledge of medications, indications, dosage ranges, side effects, and potential toxicity.
- Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients, and stand on feet over extended periods.
THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
To apply for this position, please click here or copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: