Infrastructure Architect, Vancouver, WA
The Vancouver Clinic is the largest multi-specialty physician practice group in SW Washington where the professional staff builds lifetime relationships with our patients. We have over 250 providers and 1000 employees. Located in Vancouver, Washington just across the river from Portland, Oregon. We enjoy close access to a bustling suburban area and nearby mountains, ocean beach, and great school systems. We have been serving the SW Washington community for 80 years! We seek those who strive for excellence in patient care, seek challenges, embrace teamwork, and those who go out of their way to help others be successful.
Are you seeking a career with a health system that is on the move? Can you picture yourself in a career at a state-of-the-art clinic facility? Would you like to join a practice that has been serving the community of SW Washington for 80 years? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, check out this opportunity!
The IT Infrastructure Architect defines and leads the development of enterprise class software integration, hardware and network solutions to enable the business to meet its productivity, performance, security and reliability goals. The Architect maintains the technology standards and leads analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture. The Architect will review and approve all technology decisions that affect the enterprise technology infrastructure. The Architect will define, manage and focus the engineering and system administration resources of the IT department. Reviews and approves the technology decisions that affect the enterprise infrastructure including end-user topology, datacenter technologies, security and performance. Designs and leads the implementation of application and infrastructure architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish technology and infrastructure standards and vet emerging technologies
- Define & document target architecture models, processes and policies related to core infrastructure in conjunction with Epic and other application vendors
- Anticipates growth and ensures scalability of the infrastructure to include servers, storage, network, and infrastructure applications
- Leads architecture reviews & audits including technical security, disaster recovery and business continuity programs
- Designs the technical infrastructure to integrate solutions into existing technology standards
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations, recommend solutions and maintain vendor relationships
- Leads coordination between IT, IS and business partners to ensure reliable, scalable, and secure business and technology systems
- Provides technical infrastructure support, on-call support, and support for escalated support incidents as needed
- Resolves system integration issues
- Provide routine after-hours maintenance and emergency support as needed to maintain and secure networked systems
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to networked hardware and software acquisition & system implementation, user support, security, and backup including HIPAA, PCI and other regulatory requirements
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors or technical degree in related field (computer science, information systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 10 years Engineer/Architect level experience.
- IT certifications desired such as MCSE, CCNP, CISSP, GIAC.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production oriented environment.
- Proven ability to satisfy customers and enhance software usage, in a production environment.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.