Senior Director Strategy - Strategic Planning, Cleveland, OH
SENIOR DIRECTOR STRATEGY - STRATEGIC PLANNING
LOCATION: CLEVELAND, OH
FACILITY: CLEVELAND CLINIC MAIN CAMPUS
PROFESSIONAL AREA: CORPORATE AFFAIRS
DEPARTMENT: STRATEGIC PLAN-AGENDA MGT
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
Directs the Strategy Office (SO) projects/processes/relationships. Responsible for an area within the SO (e.g., strategic planning, strategy deployment, growth, go-to-market, strategic Intelligence, network integration, strategic transactions) which will include leading projects/relationships, developing standardized practices/processes, and managing/leading teams of people within the SO and across the Enterprise. Depending on the area, the SSP/D will have a team within SO reporting to him/her.
- Directs the Strategy Office (SO) projects/processes/relationships.
- Responsible for an area within the SO (e.g., strategic planning, strategy deployment, growth, go-to-market, strategic Intelligence, network integration, strategic transactions) which will include leading projects/relationships, developing standardized practices/processes, and managing/leading teams of people within the SO and across the Enterprise.
- Leads multiple, major, complex projects and/or relationships involving several senior executives and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Performs variety of functions within those projects, including: facilitation of meetings; creating/delivering presentations to senior executives; problem solving, setting and driving goals and timelines; designing and conducting complex analytics; and developing implementation plans.
- Manages these projects/relationships stand-alone and to deliver high-quality outcomes on-time.
- Manages teams of people in execution of projects/management of relationships. Teams include SO members and caregivers/executives outside the SO (and potentially outside CC) of all skill levels.
- Develops SO toolkit/perspective on area of expertise including: conceptual framework, standardized analytics, standardized processes, tools/templates, and training.
- Builds peer-like relationships with senior executives on their projects/relationships, influences as a challenging thought-partner, and helps guide decision-making.
- Responsible for least one person reporting to them and will manage the recruiting, hiring/onboarding, performance management, evaluation, engagement ,and mentorship of those people.
- Responsible for major Strategy Office projects that help set the SO agenda, improve team effectiveness/engagement, improve people processes, skill-build, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Business or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- None required.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, with majority of time in either healthcare (within organization or consulting) or technical role matching job.
- Background in senior operations, senior expert or consultative role preferred.
- History of achievement and ability to influence change in large organizations required.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of either healthcare industry/provider operations or of specific technical skill (i.e., strategy deployment or strategic transaction management), with deep enough expertise to conceptualize approaches and frame implications for CC.
- Very strong in majority if not all of these categories: Critical thinking/problem-solving skills: capable of leading broad set of executives through a complex problem-solving process; Analytical skills: needs to be able to structure and guide complex analytics to support project needs; Presentation skills: capable of developing and writing complex presentations for any audience using multiple formats; strong presenter/facilitator with senior executive presence; Client relationship skills: able to build peer-like relationships with senior executives and provide critical thought partnership on intellectual/organizational/political questions; Project management skills: capable of leading large enterprise teams of senior stakeholders efficiently through process to manage relationship work or complete projects; Team/office leadership: capable of inspiring teams of people to achieve results; accountability for Office culture.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.