Administrator, Santa Cruz, CA
Santa Cruz, CA
May 25, 2017
To learn more and to apply, please click here.
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 80 programs and over 2,500 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
The Santa Cruz County Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 16-bed locked acute psychiatric inpatient program for adults aged 18+, diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), experiencing a mental health emergency and require intensive treatment and support.
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Administrator manages all aspects of the day to day operations of the Program. This involves ensuring regulatory compliance, actively overseeing Quality Assurance Performance Improvements. Additionally, the Administrator collaborates with all Corporate departments and outside consultants. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met. Acts as the representative of the program to State/County agencies, community partners, and consumer groups.
• Masters in Social Services or Public Health
• Four (4) years of experience in an administrative management position in a health care setting
• Two (2) years of responsibility for supervision of professional staff, budgeting, program planning and licensing
• A current professional license
• Must have an understanding of community mental health services and psychiatric rehabilitation concepts and the Recovery Philosophy
• A successful track record working with, and sensitivity to, multi-cultural populations and issues in urban settings are highly desirable.
• Ability to assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior
• Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If position requires CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid, must receive training within 30 days of employment and remain current on those trainings throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Program. Responsible for the administrative functioning of the Program.
• Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff.
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program.
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives. Actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times. Acts as liaison between the program and State/County customers and community partners.
• Establishes staffing requirements for all departments. Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Program.
• Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget.
• Supervises all department managers and maintains supervisory authority over personnel assigned to the departments. Directs recruitment, employee selection, and, when necessary, disciplinary action within the program.
• Ensures that the program is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and keeps informed about changes in regulations.
• Ensures compliance with Telecare's policies and procedures.
• Establishes the vision for the facility.
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the program.
• Demonstrates an understanding of Telecare's stakeholders, including persons served, families, and customers in all interactions and conduct.
• Establishes the culture of the program and creates initiatives that reinforce the culture.
• Acts as the program's liaison to the Corporate office, ensuring corporate initiatives are implemented and maintained.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Knowledgeable about budgeting, HR, and applicable program regulations.
• Good communication, team building and problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with psychiatric conditions and recovery principles.
• Good customer relations skills.
• Skilled at identifying and removing barriers to change.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency