Manager, Care Management, Oakland, CA
Manager, Care Management
Highland General Hospital · HGH Utilization Management
Full Time, Day
Req # 19788
Alameda Health System is the East Bay's premier patient and family-centered care system. Our trauma center and teaching hospital are considered among the best in the country. We are committed to continually improving health through individual patient experiences. Our mission, Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All, speaks to the vital role we play in the community and the critical responsibility we accept in promoting wellness, eliminating disparities and optimizing the health of a diverse East Bay.
It is a New Day in health care, and it's a New Day at Alameda Health System.
If you've been seeking an opportunity to expand your career in Case Management, consider joining Alameda Health System as our Manager of Care Management! In this role, you will combine your leadership and Case Management expertise to align Highland Hospital's case management processes with industry best practice. You'll have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our patients through the redesign of our Case Management processes, and will collaborate with an extensive network of healthcare and industry professionals to help us achieve this goal. You'll work with passionate Case Management leaders across Alameda Health System to optimize patient flow and care throughout our entire system. With oversight for day-to-day case management activities at Highland Hospital, you will lead facility-wide utilization management, outside medical services, coordination of care and discharge planning for our culturally and socioeconomically diverse patients.
- Manages and assumes responsibility for day to day operations of utilization management, care coordination and discharge planning activities.
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation, evaluation, counseling and disciplinary action of care management clinical and administrative staff.
- Reviews cases regularly with staff; acts as clinical consultant regarding care management issues; guides clinical staff with review of assessments and care plans, evaluates utilization reviews or documentation
- Serves as a content expert to staff and internal departments and external partners; networks with other hospitals, nursing organizations, and professional organizations to keep abreast of changes within the profession.
- Assists Director in establishing, implementing and ensuring that care management policies, practices and procedures are in accordance with the Joint Commission, Title 22 and other regulatory agencies and overall hospital policies.
- In conjunction with VP and Director, coordinates, develops, and implements action plans to respond to areas felt to be in need of improvement related to patient flow and care coordination across the continuum.
Education: Master Degree in Nursing, Social Work or Social Welfare preferred.
Experience: Five years of case management or utilization management experience in a healthcare organization; two years' experience in a supervisory role. Clinical or leadership experience in acute care facilities is preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California or licensed in Clinical Social Work in California, Active BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Certification in Case Management, CCMC or ACM is preferred.
Alameda Health System offers a comprehensive benefit package including employer paid health coverage, voluntary plans and retirement savings options. Relocation assistance may be available.