Infection Prevention Specialist, Greenbrae, CA
There has never been a better time to work at Marin General Hospital! We have made great strides since returning to our roots as a community-owned hospital. As Marin County’s ONLY resource for a wide range of essential services, it is our mission—and our passion—to excel in every medical specialty. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: the resources and medical sophistication of an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of a stand-alone community hospital.
We have an exceptionally collaborative team that adheres to the highest service excellence standards to ensure that we all do our best for the good of our patients, and it shows through the numerous awards and certifications we've earned.
Under supervision of the Infection Prevention Coordinator implements and monitors the Infection Prevention and Control Program of Marin General Hospital. Assists in coordinating hospital activities directed toward the surveillance, prevention, and control of infection to minimize the risk of acquiring new infection for patients, staff, and community. Also assists in the collaboration process to maintain compliance with standards and regulations pertaining to infection control of accrediting and governing authorities.
Masters in Public Health, Bachelors Degree in Nursing/Health/Biology or related field is preferred. Must complete APIC-Infection Control Basic Course within eight months of hire.
5 years clinical experience in acute healthcare setting required. 2-3 years’ experience in infection control preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with hospital staff, physicians, and external organizations
- Understanding of adult learning theory, management theory, and project or change implementation
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, organize, and lead projects under the supervision of the Infection Prevention and Control Committee
- Ability to review and/or revise policies and procedures based on current scientific evidence and/or best practice information
- Skills in data management, collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to groups and individuals
- Knowledge of TJC, CMS, OSHA, and Title 22 regulations: specifically related to infection control, sharps safety, blood-borne pathogens, and the management of medical waste
- Clinical expertise and understanding of the nursing process to effectively evaluate the quality of care
- Understands basic medical microbiology and the mechanisms for transmission of infection
- Knowledge of the overall organization, departmental priorities, performance improvement, risk management, and methods of cost containment
- Ability to effectively turn data into information needing to be presented to varying offices
Education & Certifications:
- Master’s in Public Health or Bachelors in Nursing, Health, Biology or related field required.
- Active CA Registered Nurse License, or comparable license in a related health care field such as CLS/MT(ASC), D.P.M., M.D is desirable but not required
- Must complete APIC-Infection Control Basic Course within eight months of hire.
- CIC preferred. (CIC-eligible candidate must successfully complete the CIC exam within 6 months of hire).
We invite you to apply! Marin General Hospital offers full-time and part-time employees a generous benefits package that includes no-cost premiums for health, dental & vision. In addition to the 403(b) plan, we offer a company-funded retirement plan. We pride ourselves in a safe, healing and caring work environment.
Apply directly here: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ACS&cws=1&rid=8523
Contact: Mary Anne Hebert, Recruiter 415 925 7073 email@example.com