Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Eastern, OR
Your Career Awaits Beyond the Medical Model. Come to Rural Oregon!
Career Opportunities include:
GOBHI is currently hiring a Fulltime BCBA in Eastern Oregon
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments.
- Conduct Developmental Assessments
- Write behavior-analytic treatment plans
- Provide direct instructions, training and support to the child during regularly scheduled home and community based visits.
- Effectively manage caseload, prepare and submit all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all treatment methodologies are evidence based.
- Provide case specific training to the Behavior Interventionists.
- Monitor the performance of the Behavior Interventionist to ensure the implementation of appropriate treatment, support interventions and goals.
- Collaborate with families in the development of behavior support strategies and provide training and oversight of the support plan to families.
- Training and clinical oversight to Registered Behavior Interventionists.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a clinical team.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Comfortable working with children in their family home or day facility
- Ability to work with children who may become physically aggressive.
Competencies and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Flexible; able to multi-task in response to time-sensitive and changing situations;
- Effective listening skills;
- Objective, solution-oriented problem solving skills;
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential information;
- Resourceful, able to network and connect people to appropriate resources;
- Technology savvy, comfortable using MS software products;
- Strong planning and organizational skills and follows through;
- Effective presentation skills, including public speaking and meeting facilitation;
- Resilient, stays positive and solution-oriented;
- Perceptive, discovers underlying issues in situations and re-states them in a helpful way;
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in an acceptable field and current .BCBA certification with the Behavior Analysts Certification Board.
- Minimum of 3 years' directly working with children experiencing autism, or severe behavioral challenges
- Experience conducting Early Childhood Language and Developmental Assessments such as the ABLLS and VB-Mapp
- Experience in writing Comprehensive and Focused based treatment plans.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Position requires regular travel within service delivery area and some out of service area travel including occasional overnight travel.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds (materials/equipment).
- Effective use of laptop, cell phone and other mobile devices to exchange information within remote travel areas.
- Position may require the physical exertion i.e. walking, running, sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, kneeling or crouching, sitting on furniture and floors.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For immediate consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter. EOE "Your Career Awaits Beyond the Medical Model. Come to Rural Oregon!"