Clinical Coordinator (RN), Hermiston, OR
Job Title Clinical Coordinator (RN)
The Clinical Coordinator (CC) is a Registered Nurse position. S/he coordinates medical services and facilitates mental health rehabilitation interventions on the inpatient psychiatric Unit. S/he is the first clinician utilized for Unit admissions and discharges; responsible for a variety of essential safety and risk management aspects of the Unit, including but not limited to infection control, employee health, patient/staff safety, utilization review and discharge planning, and clinical, compliance, and regulatory training.
This position is Monday through Friday, primarily Day shift. Shift variation will be required for episodes of clinical training and any other duties that require a presence on the Night shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLIITIES: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs all duties assigned utilizing the nursing process principles of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
- Adheres to Oregon State Board of Nursing Standards and Scope of Practice for the Registered Nurse.
- Assumes responsibility, as the first RN, for the admission and discharge of patients to and from the Unit.
- Assists with the administration of patient medications, in urgent situations, under the direction of the patient’s Nurse.
- Effectively interacts with patients, significant others and other health team members.
- Develops and maintains therapeutic patient relationships with close adherence to patient-centered services.
- Works as an active and cooperative member of treatment team.
- Oversees and ensures the daily practices as outlined in the Infection Control/Prevention Plan; provides training as required and needed.
- Ensures that health care information is distributed to appropriate staff, psychiatrist, and other medical personnel as necessary.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the treatment environment; monitors patient/staff activities on an ongoing basis to reduce risk, ensure safety and comfort, and maximize the healing environment.
- Assists or provides leadership in management of behavioral emergencies.
- Works in collaboration with the Human Resources Department in the management of employee health issues related to Aspen Springs Hospital employees.
- Identifies clinical education and training needs of the Aspen Springs Hospital Staff; provides clinical education to Hospital staff on an ongoing basis, including annual competencies.
- Attends all mandatory meetings including daily ‘stand-up’, patient-focused sessions.
- Participates in a regular auditing process to identify opportunities for risk, infection, and safety reduction, as well as the maximization of patient and staff satisfaction.
- Participates in orientation and training of new employees as needed.
- Represents Lifeways in a professional and informed manner with community partners and referral agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Possess business experience sufficient to meet the demands of the position, including proficiency with a variety of software application including an electronic health record.
- Successfully pass criminal history check.
- Provide proof of current, valid Driver License, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record to use Agency or personal vehicle for required duties.
- Use active listening skills with patients, colleagues, and community partners.
- Handle frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Use effective customer relations skills, including the ability to work with diverse people in a stressful environment, displaying an understanding of group dynamics and dealing with stress effectively.
- Practice strong organizational skills and effective use of time.
- Experienced in making decisions that support the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the Organization.
Education and Experience
- Current RN license; Oregon license preferred.
- Education and training sufficient to obtain Oregon nursing license if needed.
- Registered Nurses without a Bachelor’s of Nursing (BSN) degree must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire.RN’s with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire.
- Experience or certification in psychiatric and/or mental health preferred; additional training provided by Lifeways, Inc.
- Experience with infection control principles and practices, Joint Commission accreditation surveys, and the coordination of clinical training for Unit staff, preferred. Willingness to complete the Infection Control Preventionist certification within 3 years of hire.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to move about the Facility and may be required to use stairs; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Requires sufficient mobility and balance to participate in ProACT/CPI training and to implement its principles.
Hazardous Conditions: Risk of verbal and physical threats from patients. Use of keyboard and computer monitor (repetitive hand motions and potential eye strain). Possible exposure to airborne and blood borne pathogens.
Working Conditions: Primarily in the inpatient psychiatric Unit of the Hospital.
Equipment/Materials Used: Common office machines including basic computer programs, printer, calculator, telephone equipment, copier, and facsimile; documents daily in electronic health record (Credible), views safety camera monitors, operates safety check devices as needed, and delivers medications through a Pyxis machine as needed. Drives Agency or personal vehicle.
LIFEWAYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MEMBER OF NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES CORPORATION
Location Aspen Springs Subacute Center - Hermiston, OR 97838 US (Primary)
Job Type Full Time