Chemical Dependency Professional - Full-Time, Burien, WA
CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY PROFESSIONAL - FULL-TIME
Outpatient Services – Burien, Washington
Department Outpatient Services
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Mid-level
At Navos, we offer a healing home for children, young people and adults who might be underserved, overlooked or otherwise at risk of falling through the cracks. Our mission is to transform the quality of life for people vulnerable to mental illness and substance use disorders by providing a broad continuum of care. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity are vital to living our values and achieving our mission.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing clinical assessments, intake, and treatment services, including group and individual counseling, to chemically dependent and mentally ill adults.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conducts initial chemical dependency assessment and develops consumer treatment plan.
- Plans, implements and facilitates individual and group chemical dependency counseling sessions.
- Maintains consumer records in keeping with state, local, and center guidelines and regulations.
- Supports a system-wide understanding of trauma prevalence, impact and trauma informed care.
- Fosters healing, hopeful, honest and trusting relationships for consumers and employees
- Values consumer voice, choice and self-advocacy.
- Demonstrates a commitment to cultural competence.
- Promotes a safe, calm and secure environment with supportive care and family-driven services that are trauma specific and promote recovery and wellness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows organization infection control policies and procedures. At risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the behavioral sciences (Master’s Degree preferred)
- WA CDP License
- Valid WA State driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Proven ability to work with chemically dependent and mentally ill adults, maintain all required paperwork for each enrolled consumer, and function as part of a close-working team. Familiarity with WAC and RCW regulations, and professional standards and ethics governing the treatment of mentally ill and chemical dependency consumers
- Understanding of Recovery and Resilience principles
- Ability to communicate with clients, families, and outside agencies with clarity, sensitivity and tact.
- Cannot have abused any chemical substances within two years that would in any way impair or limit your ability to perform this job.
- Computer literacy including demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters
Personal Traits & Qualifications:
- Professional interest and commitment to work with those individuals who suffer with mentally ill and chemical abuse/Dependency
- Commitment to multidisciplinary team approach to treatment and care of consumers
- Possess the knowledge, values, attitude and skills to create a trauma-informed, safe, trusting healing environment that respects the perspectives and experiences of the individuals, families, staff and communities we serve with safety and healing.
Physical Requirements: May involve lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, and stooping requiring upper and lower body strength. Lifting up to 10 lbs. may be required without assistance
Click HERE to apply.
Compensation: Competitive with EXCELLENT Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k plus 22 days of Paid Time Off and 8 paid Holidays in your first year with Navos!
Navos proactively seeks to employ staff from diverse personal, professional and cultural backgrounds, and with a range of belief systems. While recognizing that historical and present-day systems give advantage to some and disadvantage to others, Navos strives to provide equal opportunity to all people through reducing the barriers of systemic oppression. Navos treats everyone with attention, courtesy and respect, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital and family status, political ideology, veteran or economic status, genetic information or use of a service animal. In line with our continued efforts to create an inclusive workplace wherein all staff members experience a sense of engagement, value and support, Navos will provide employees with diversity training appropriate to their needs and responsibilities, and will provide reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities.