Administrator I- Pediatrics, Cleveland, OH
Position:Administrator I- Pediatrics
UH Facility:UH Rainbow Babies and Childrens Hospital
Status:Regular Full Time
Work Days of Week:M-F
University Hospitals Medical Group (UHMG), the unified faculty practice plan of University Hospitals, is comprised of several practices representing medical and surgical specialties located within University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center and throughout Northeastern Ohio. As part of our historic affiliation, many of the UHMG physicians serve on the faculty of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. UHMG strives to champion the success of the physician practices and UH in fulfilling our mission: To Heal. To Teach. To Discover.
Position Summary/Essential Duties:
The Administrator manages operations and support functions including physician recruitment and deployment, access, scheduling, training, policies and procedures administration, budget management, human resources, finances, and program growth. The Administrator is accountable for:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the strategic plan for department/division
- Working with Physicians to ensure practice is managed according to established standards
- Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, evaluating and coaching employees
- Identifying practice/business development opportunities to increase market share
- Managing financial resources to ensure an effective and efficient work unit.
- Analyzing financial impact of changes in clinical activities and forecasts actual revenue/expenditures versus approved budget.
- Developing and securing approval for operating and capital budgets
- Supervising entry of charges, procedure codes, and payments. Develops contingency plans to adjudicate missing charges.
- Reviewing charges, visit encounters, and cash receipts for variations and patterns.
- Conducting spot audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Providing information to Physicians, community groups, and referral agencies about programs provided
- Meeting monthly with each physician to review financial performance and key practice indicators
- Implementing a staffing plan that effectively addresses department/division needs and productivity measures
- Working with physicians and staff to ensure continuous quality improvement, particularly as it relates to patient satisfaction
- Working actively as a member of the management team and participates on committee meetings as appropriate.
- Encouraging cross functional problem solving to improve quality of services or productivity. Works effectively with peers, physicians, employees, directors and others.
Experience & Knowledge:
5 years progressive management experience, preferably in a health care facility; at least 2 years direct supervisory experience.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Understanding of basic accounting skills; experience with spreadsheets; understanding of grants accounting; strong interpersonal skills; leadership presence; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or MHA preferred. Participation in MGMA, ACHE or similar organization desired.
Experience in practice operations, pediatrics, strategic planning, budgetary planning and execution, strong supervisory skill set and excellent communication skills Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Educational verification may be required for this position. In support of our mission “to improve health every day”, this is a tobacco-free environment.