Director, Quality & Patient Safety, Columbus, OH
Dir-Quality & Patient Safety (Job Opening 427172) - Scope of Position Under the direction of the Associate Executive of Quality and Operations Improvement, this position will oversee programs and projects designed to evaluate and improve clinical quality processes and outcomes.
Position Summary OSUMC Directors are responsible for the following: integrate their department's services with the Medical Center primary functions; coordinate and integrates services within the department and with other departments; develops sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide the department?s services; continuously assess and improve the department's performance; maintain appropriate quality control programs if pertinent; provide for orientation, in-service training and continuing education of all person in the department; recommend sufficient space and other resources required by the department; participate in the selection of outside services if needed; and ensure compliance with appropriate patient care and business practices.
Education and Experience
- Required Master's degree required in related health care field
- Register Nurse ( RN) required
- Required minimum of 5 years of acute care hospital experience
- Required minimum of 5 years of experience in a management role in hospital quality
- Considerable experience in computer applications/database management desired.
- Preferred certification in lean six sigma tools or demonstrated experience