Laboratory Manager, Coalinga, CA
Job Opening for: Laboratory Manager
Full-Time -Non- Exempt
Directs, supervises and coordinates functions and activities of the hospital laboratory, more specifically outlined below:
- Adheres to CRMC's Universal Behavioral Standards: Customer Focus/Dignity, Excellence, Teamwork, Adaptability and Responsibility.
- Interacts with the medical staff to ensure appropriate liaison with assigned clinical areas.
- Directs and/or performs routine tests and analyses on patient samples/specimens according to established testing procedures in a designated technical department (i.e. Hematology, Chemistry, Immunology, Microbiology, etc.)
- Directs and/or prepares for processing using accepted laboratory standards in order to produce accurate and efficient findings, analyses, or conditions.
- Prepares appropriate paperwork daily prior to, during and after actual testings.
- Directs and/or operates routine manual or automated equipment.
- Directs and/or records and releases test results to be entered into system according to established procedure.
- Develops and implements solutions to areas of need relative to operation of assigned clinical services areas.
- Assists with administration and coordination of clinical hospital activities.
- Directs operations concerning specimen handling, diagnostic testing and results reporting.
- Establishes and maintains department quality review program.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents.
- Recommends department equipment modification, new equipment, or other essential modifications.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment for purchase or lease.
- Informs medical staff of new tests, procedures and applications; provides consultations.
- Maintains safety of department work environment.
- Demonstrates and explains difficult and/or new techniques, tests or procedures.
- Performs maintenance, calibration and adjustment of department equipment.
- Develops system and monitoring mechanism for billing of patient charges.
- Creates policies and procedures in compliance with Title 22.
- Oversees ·a wide variety of administrative, fiscal and technical activities.
- Work with HR Department to resolve any employee disputes, conflict, etc.
- Work with HR Department regarding recruiting needs and issues.
- Write employee reviews and evaluations.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
The incumbent possesses the following minimum qualifications for this classification:
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Current State of California Medical Technologist license.
- 6 years of clinical lab experience
- 2 years hospital supervisory/management experience.
- Any combination of qualifying experience and/or training that matches above listed qualifications.
All interested and qualified candidates please download and complete the application from: www.coalingamedicalcenter.com - and mail, fax or email to:
Coalinga Regional Medical Center
1191 Phelps Avenue
Coalinga, CA 93210
Phone: (559)935-6420 Fax: (559)935-6512