Executive Director, St. Helens, OR
This position is responsible for oversight and delivery of an array of community based services to Columbia Community Mental Health. CCMH is a non-profit organization whose goal is to provide exceptional services to individuals of all ages in need of mental health care, addiction treatment, psychiatric rehabilitation, and developmental disabilities services throughout Columbia County.
This position develops and maintains strong functional collaborative relationships to include a wide variety of community partners including but not limited to state, county, and city governmental agencies to promote and integrate CCMH as a quality, professional behavioral health care services provider organization.
This position is responsible for ensuring quality programming, regulatory compliance, fiscal responsibility, organizational development and anticipating needs of internal and external customers. Also, key to this position is continued support of a positive work environment to attract and retain a stable, progressive, caring and diverse workforce needed to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective services. This position oversees the development and implementation of strategies to address changing markets and assist in the implementation of positive consumer and community awareness of programs and activities. This position is responsible and acts under the authority of the Board of directors. Below is a list of essential functions and overall responsibilities
Board of Directors
- Assists the Board of Directors in meeting the requirements of CCMH compliance policies.
- Reports to Board regarding overall organizational operations. Reports to subcommittees, i.e. Finance, Compensation as requested by the Board.
- Oversees development of annual budget for review and approval of the Board.
- Identifies topics of Board concern and presents the Board with information necessary for decision making. Provides professional advice, initiates and assists in policy making.
- Attends all Board and committee meetings and makes necessary reports to the Board.
- Implements Board decisions and policies.
- Functions as liaison between Board and staff.
- Assists Board in Strategic Plan Development and annual review.
- Performs special projects and all other duties as assigned
- Provides an organizational system including table of organization and job descriptions, delegating clearly defined authority to staff who are assigned managerial responsibility while assuring that the Executive Director has general control of all staff activities.
- Provides administrative policy and procedure that assures cooperative relationships among units and a smooth flow of operations to the Board for approval.
- Executive Director along with staff, Board, and community creates a vision, plan and implementation strategy, aligned with CCMH’s mission and core values.
- Champions quality and risk management activities throughout the organization continuously maintaining and improving the quality of care, while minimizing the risk of loss.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and adherence to professional standards.
- Influences business practices and policy by creating new ventures or builds on existing advantage.
- Maintains positive relationships with all professionals both internal and external.
- Serves as an effective spokesperson for the organization.
- Operates within a Board approved budget, identifying and accessing sources of funding and assuring that expenditures are sound and are in accordance with federal, state, and local governmental regulations and the policies of various payers.
- Possesses expert knowledge of current and future cost drivers in the industry.
- Assures control of business operations that ensures preservation of accounting funds and physical assets both short and long term including developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Identifies business opportunities for organizational growth to enhance financial strength and contribution margin as well as create non-operating revenue.
- Assures maintenance of official records and ensures compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Effectively communicates with, reports to, and develops positive relationships with funding organizations. Implements long-term revenue, cost, and donor strategies that align with agency objectives.
- Guides development activities including grant and funding procurement.
- Develops, leads, manages, and evaluates the executive management team.
- Ensures that CCMH recruits and retains capable, appropriately qualified and motivated staff to deliver high quality services.
- Ensures that training is provided that meets regulatory and agency requirements and strategically supports internal development of staff at all levels to address future business needs.
- Oversees practices which establish sound Human Resource procedures meeting oversite entities and regulatory requirements. Sees to it that processes are in place to address sound recruitment and selection process as well as retention of staff.
- Sees to the continuous succession planning of staff throughout the organization with particular attention to leadership positions.
- Ensures the accountability of all staff regarding procedures that are aligned with best practices to produce revenue driven outcomes.
Program Development and Management
- Administers and monitors the annual contracts with GOBHI (MHO) for the provision of Medicaid behavioral health services. Attends monthly meetings of GOBHI Directors and assures that all required reports are provided.
- Provides leadership in developing and improving programs and organizational plans in cooperation with the Board and staff.
- Proposes and implements programs that meet identified needs and are within budgetary resources and constraints imposed by funding sources.
- Provides administrative support and direction to medical and clinical supervisors so that the best available quality service is provided.
- Along with the knowledge and support of the Board of directors, the executive director will negotiate contracts with medical directors, third-party payers, community mental health centers, and other agencies that are beneficial to CCMH.
- Ensure the agency is prepared for audits and other reviews which result in positive findings and thereafter a strategy of correction action, if deemed necessary.
Education and/or Experience
- Required: Master's Degree in Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Mental Health or in related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in progressive administrative experience in health services; two years’ experience in mental health management; or any other satisfactory combination of experience and training.
- Corporate environment experience with multi-level operations in multiple locations.
- Outcome based management skills required.
- Preferred: Substantial knowledge of the field of mental health administration.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit, behavioral health care environment preferred.
- Preferred individual with Six Sigma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with healthcare administrators, physicians and other professionals.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or member of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or Boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to maintain standards set by oversight entities, regulators and other professional organizations.
- Ability to function independently within policy established by Board.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop programs, budgets and related functions.
- Ability to relate well to Board, staff and community.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
For immediate consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to Tonya Christensen, Senior Recruiter via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be considered when submitted through this process. EOE