Medical Records Coordinator, Fresno, CA
COUNTY OF FRESNO
invites applications for the position of:
MEDICAL RECORDS COORDINATOR
SALARY: $30.19 - $38.61 Hourly
$2,415.00 - $3,089.00 Biweekly
$5,232.50 - $6,692.83 Monthly
$62,790.00 - $80,314.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 09/28/17
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
A REGISTERED HEALTH INFORMATION ADMINISTRATOR (RHIA) CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED
The Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health has an excellent career opportunity available for the position of Medical Records Coordinator.
The Medical Records Coordinator responsibilities include planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating goals, objectives, standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating medical records services; maintaining liaison with other departments, state, federal, and public agencies; and interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, and evaluating subordinate staff.
Note: The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
SAMPLES OF DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system.
Experience: Two (2) years of full-time, paid management or supervisory experience gained in an office setting.
Certification: Possession of a valid Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate issued by the American Health Information Management Association.
License: Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent, may be required.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Failure to list current, complete and accurate education/work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school's name, school's location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), type of degree earned (bachelor's degree, master's degree, etc.) and which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job application will disqualify the applicant from consideration.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds; or hand deliver a copy to our office.
- You must submit a copy of your Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455- 4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds; or hand deliver a copy to our office by the closing date/time of this recruitment; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.
Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one or more of the processes listed below:
- Written Examination.
- Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Supplemental Questionnaire.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate (Copy) - You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds; or hand deliver a copy to our office by the closing date and time of this recruitment; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.
Applications must be submitted online only via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, in person, email or fax will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted online only. Online applications may be found at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/fresnoca
Open Job Information Flyer and follow the "Apply" instructions. Failure to complete the job application or to follow the application instructions will result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing date has passed you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to https://secure.governmentjobs.com/js_login.cfm?&TopHeader=fresnoca.
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore, mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline.
County of Fresno, Human Resources
Employment Services Division
2220 Tulare St., 14th Floor
Fresno, CA 93721
MEDICAL RECORDS COORDINATOR
MEDICAL RECORDS COORDINATOR Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you have a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate issued by the American Health Information Management Association? You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds; or hand deliver a copy to our office by the closing date/time of this recruitment; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.
* Required Question