Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Shingletown, CA
Organization: Shingletown Medical Center
Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing program
- Completion of IV Certification course
- Current California LVN license
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum one year’s experience as an LVN preferred
- Experience in community health center field, preferred.
Salary: $25.50 per hour non-exempt
Shingletown Medical Center provides: medical, dental and vision care insurance for all fulltime
Paid sick and vacation time
Paid bereavement and jury duty leave.
Summary: Are you interested in providing patient care in a rural health setting? Shingletown Medical Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in beautiful Shingletown, CA. Shingletown is located in the Sierras a short drive from Lassen Volcanic Park.
Provides support services to the providers in order to facilitate patient diagnosis, care, management and treatment.
Assures privacy and confidentiality for each patient, as required under HIPAA while providing quality care with respect, courtesy and compassion.
Ability to float to cover triage, injections and chronic care management within the scope of the LVN practice.
Tracking of lab tests, radiology studies and referrals.
Entering the data electronically in the correct format and documenting in appropriate health maintenance sections.
Managing patient populations based on standing orders.
- Standing/Walking: Up to 75% of the workday is spent standing/walking throughout area on tile floors.
- Sitting: 20% of the workday may be spent sitting at the desk or workstation.
- Lifting: Up to 25% of the workday might be spent lifting up to 35lb.
- Carrying: Up to 25% of the workday might be spent carrying supplies necessary to perform job.
- Stretching/Reaching: Up to 10% of the workday may be spent reaching or stretching.
- Twisting: Up to 5% of the workday may be spent at the waist to retrieve general office supplies and answer telephones.
- Hearing: Average ability is required to answer the telephone, respond to questions and provide information.
- Seeing: Average ability is required to read and follow instructions, to operate office machines. All staff that perform lab tests requiring color discernment are required to pass a color blindness test.
- Talking: Good communication skills are required to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external personnel in accomplishing daily duties.
For additional information please contact Denise Highfill HR/Compliance Officer at Shingletown Medical Center 530.474.3390. If you are a qualified applicant and are interested in this fast paced position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org