Senior Director Nursing Education, Cleveland, OH
SR DIRECTOR NURSING EDUCATION
REQ #: 22025
LOCATION: CLEVELAND, OH
FACILITY: CLEVELAND CLINIC MAIN CAMPUS
PROFESSIONAL AREA: NURSING - EXPERIENCED
DEPARTMENT: NURSING EDUCATION
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
Directs the Enterprise's educational processes and assessments to include designated departments of; Nursing Education, onsite nursing programs, student and faculty on-boarding processes, Professional Practice Development programs, and leadership development. Functions as resource to the ACNO-Education and other key personnel and Staff. Leads the Deans' Roundtable. Assists with the development of strategic plans and associated business plans to create revenue streams. Collects and analyzes data from various sources and reports findings to appropriate individuals or committees.
- Directs the Enterprise's educational processes and assessments to include designated departments of Nursing Education, onsite nursing programs, on-boarding processes, Professional Practice Development programs, AHA programs, clinical nurse specialists and CCAR education for assigned hospitals and regions.
- Functions as a primary resource to the ACNO-Education, physician and professional staff to facilitate overall educational operations of Nursing.
- Identifies and analyzes problem areas and develops solutions for presentation to the ACNO-Education.
- Ensures that the Nursing practice at Cleveland Clinic is evidenced-based and supported through professional practice standards.
- Analyzes and utilizes test results, program evaluations and assessment surveys to promote practice changes and program improvements to establish a climate of excellence.
- Implements practice changes based upon quality and research evidence.
- Assists with the development of strategic plans and associated business plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or equivalent.
- PhD preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of all departments/specialties within assigned areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in nursing management within a large health care facility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical abilities, organization and leadership skills required.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work autonomously.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- At least six years of administrative and management experience within a health care environment, preferably in a large medical practice or clinic setting.
- Experience in nursing education.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- As need arises, be able to travel to various locations, domestic and international.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities