Director - Women & Children's Programs, Kirkland, WA
Director - Women & Children's Programs
Job Title Director - Women & Children's Programs
Department Nursing Administration
Date posted 12/28/2017
The Director of Women & Children' s Program is administratively responsible for, nursing oversight and the planning, coordination and direction of operations for EvergreenHealth's Family Maternity Center to include Labor & Delivery, Post-Partum and Antepartum Newborn, a Level III NICU, Pediatrics and the Post-Partum Care Center.
This position collaborates with medical staff and all department goals and objectives of the Nursing Division, EvergreenHealth, and the District at large. The position provides administrative support to the Chief Nursing Officer as requested; exercises functional administrative supervision over professional, technical, service, and support staff.
EvergreenHealth was the first hospital in the nation to be recognized by the World Health Organization as a Baby Friendly Hospital and has maintained this recognition ever since. The 36-bed (LDRP) unit delivers over 4,600 births a year and includes high risk OB with a maternal-fetal program that is one of the only 24 programs in the country to treat Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome.
REQUIRED for the position:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, other bachelor's degree acceptable with an MSN
- Master's degree in nursing and/or health services, public or business administration
- 5 years' progressive management experience in an acute care environment
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- Other Advanced degree with management/supervisory emphasis
- Certification in Nursing Administration