Director Patient Safety-Multi Site, Chicago, IL
The Multi~Site (MS) Director of Patient Safety for Advocate Medical Group (AMG) is a highly visible position within Advocate that was created as a result of executive management's desire to eliminate unintended harm to patients and mitigate increasing liability exposure by reducing clinical risk. Patient safety is a top system priority both from a clinical outcomes and financial perspective, and the need to meet increasing national expectations. This position will lead the implementation of a robust and complex patient safety program. The clinical background of this individual allows breadth and flexibility in addressing the large, complex clinical and teaching environment. In addition, this position will provide in~depth analysis and evaluation of highly confidential data to identify clinical risk reduction opportunities. The director will work closely with the executive leadership team, directors, managers as well as the front line, including multi~specialty medical staff. The MS Director of Patient Safety will collaborate with the executive leadership teams and collaborate with other key divisions within the organization, including Risk Management, Quality, Supply Chain, IT and Clinical Engineering to name a few.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or allied health
- Advanced degree in a health~related field OR enrolled in an advance degree program combined with relevant experience
- 5 years clinical experience
- 5 years in a role focused on patient safety, quality or risk management with at least 4 years in a leadership role
- Experience in use of analytical tools including root cause analysis, apparent cause analysis, FMEA and PDSA.
- Experience in project management and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through influence and impact the culture of the organization
- Effective communication skills sufficient to interact with all levels of associates and medical staff, front line through executives
- Demonstrated self~directed, results~oriented and creative approach to organizational change
- Effective presentation skills in small and large group settings, internal and external to the organization
- Ability to succeed in responding to change and handling multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and analyze procedure and process changes
- Experience in group process and facilitation
- Information management skills, including data analysis, flowcharting, and report preparation
- Current RN or Allied Health license, if applicable
- Certification in patient safety required including one of the following: Certified Professional in Patient Safety, Certified Patient Safety Officer, Certificate Program in Patient Safety
- Candidate must be willing to attend, onsite and offsite, department meetings and educational activities. Must be able to perform basic administrative director functions, participation in outside professional activities and maintain proficiency in department's software computer program.
- Able to travel to corporate and community functions as appropriate.
- Ability to work under stressful and difficult conditions.