Clinical Director-Medical Care Center, Winfield, IL
Manages the daily operations of an assigned nursing unit/function in accordance with the ANA scope and standards of practice for Nursing Administration, and with the policies, values, and mission of Cadence Health. Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management. Collaborates with hospital leadership and medical staff to identify and develop new patient care programs, policies and procedures.
Provides direct patient care as needed to maintain service levels. Plans and directs staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives. Coaches and mentors staff on performance, patient satisfaction, and conflict resolution. Participates in recruitment, staff development and capacity planning. Performs and/or participates in scheduling/staffing and time keeping. Develops and implements a program to measure, assess, and improve the quality of nursing care provided by the organization. Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of clinical services and patient satisfaction.
Performs quality assurance studies and assists with implementation of QI/QA initiatives. Monitors departmental compliance with applicable regulations. Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system and which support the strategic plan and vision of the organization. Prepares departmental budget and ensures that department operates within allocated funds.
- 5+ years nursing experience, including 3 years of relevant supervisory experience
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Excellent customer service skills
- Master's degree
- Must be able to demonstrate a degree in Nursing (BSN or MSN)
- Illinois licensure as an RN
- BLS certification
- Certification in specialty preferred