Dentist, Lakeport, CA
Are you looking to make an impact in a community that is in need of access to quality healthcare? Your meaningful work will give you the opportunity to help a population that is suffering from amongst the worst health outcomes in the state of California. Here at Lake County Tribal Health, we change lives every day. We are currently hiring for a DENTIST.
Please visit our career page on the web at www.LCTHC.com to submit an employment application.
Up to a $50k sign-on bonus
Medical Coverage for your family
Individual Dental, Vision, Term-Life, and Disability Income insurances included
25% contribution rate to 403 (b) retirement plan
15 Paid Holidays including your Birthday
Up to $5k moving expense reimbursement
4.4 weeks a year Paid Time Off
Government Loan Repayment Programs
Great organizational culture
Dentist Annual Salary: 125,153 – 168,188
DENTIST POSITION SUMMARY: To provide general dental services to individuals and families. To promote and aid in the growth of the dental department.
DENTIST EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- D.D.S. Degree from accredited university
- Current California dental license
- Valid California driver’s license
- CPR certification (may be obtained after hiring but must be maintained thereafter)
- Evidence of current DEA registration
- At least one year of experience in the practice of dentistry beyond dental school is preferred
- Previous community clinic dental experience is desirable.
DENTIST ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide comprehensive public health oriented dental services to eligible persons to include diagnostic, consultation/referral, emergency, preventive, restorative (operative), endodontic, prosthetic to include fixed and removal, periodontic, orthodontic and oral surgery services.
- To provide all general clinic services such as exams, determination of service priorities (CHS level of care) as appropriate, oral hygiene instruction to include use of fluorides and periodontal assessment with emphasis on individualized home care instruction and other required dental duties
- Provide in-services training to staff. Participate in specialty clinics collaboratively with other members in planning to the health needs and complaints of clients and patients
- Assist and work with the Dental Director in maintaining strong communication relative to overall operation of the dental clinic
- Refer to specialists for treatment that cannot be provided within the LCTHC Clinic
- Other duties as assigned by the Dental Director
ALL LCTHC EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the LCTHC policies and procedures as they may from time to time be updated.
DENTIST PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sitting / Mobility: Approximately 30% of time is spent working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 70%) is spent moving around work areas. Communication: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, patients and members of outside agencies, in person, by telephone, and by email. Vision: Ability to view x-ray, dental records, effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos, and other appropriate paperwork. Lifting / Carrying: Ability to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing no more than 25 pounds. Stooping / Kneeling: Ability to access files/stock supplies in low cabinets and shelves. Reaching / Handling: Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies. Use of standard dental instruments and equipment, including dental x-ray, office equipment, computer, telephone, calculator, copiers, and fax. Work is performed in a dental office/clinic environment; continuous contact with other staff and the public.
www.LCTHC.com: Visit the career page for the employment application form and supplemental questionnaire, and to view the full job description and all current job postings. For additional information – Call (707) 263-8382 extension 1108. All applications submitted by the deadline that qualify for the job posting will be considered. Lake County Tribal Health Consortium, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with preference given to Native American applications in accordance with CFR 25 USC 472, the Indian Preference Act.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 to $168,100.00 /year