Public Health Medical Administrator I, Sacramento County, CA
Job Posting: PUBLIC HEALTH MEDICAL ADMINISTRATOR I
Department of Health Care Services
JC-79716 - PUBLIC HEALTH MEDICAL ADMINISTRATOR I
$13,344.00 - $16,325.00
Final Filing Date: Until Filled
Job Description and Duties
The duty statement is linked under the Additional Documentation section of the job posting. Please note that the duty statement is subject to HR review and approval.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
Job Code #: JC-79716
Position #(s): 805-830-7674-001 PUBLIC HEALTH MEDICAL ADMINISTRATOR I
Classification: $13,344.00 - $16,164.00 B $13,991.00 - $16,325.00 C
# of Positions: 1
Work Location: Sacramento County
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The Department of Health Care Services is seeking candidate to join the Integrated Systems of Care Division (ISCD) to fill a vacant Public Health Medical Administrator I (PHMA I) position. The position will oversee the Medical Policy Section of ISCD and will provide high level guidance to ISCD management and DHCS Executive Management on high level issues involving health care delivery for the Medi-Cal program. Please note there is potential for a small amount of overnight statewide travel required.
The questions for the Supplemental Application are listed below:
- What in your experience and background would make you successful in this position?
- Please describe your experience overseeing, implementing, and monitoring a new policy and/or program. What steps did you take? What are the key considerations? Please provide one example.
- As a high level consultant and administrator, you will be asked to provide you expert opinion on the quality improvement of health care delivered by the Medi-Cal program. You will be asked to make recommendations about what areas of health care DHCS should prioritize at any given time for intensive quality improvement work, and be asked to provide guidance around how we can achieve meaningful change. How would you approach, develop, and share a proposal like this?
Dates printed on Mobile Bar Codes, such as the Quick Response (QR) Codes available at the USPS, are not considered Postmark dates for the purpose of determining timely filing of an application.
Final Filing Date: Until Filled
Who May Apply
Individuals who are currently in the classification, eligible for lateral transfer, eligible for reinstatement, eligible for a Training and Development assignment, have SROA and/or Surplus eligibility, or have list eligibility (or are in the process of obtaining list eligibility). SROA and Surplus candidates may attach “surplus letters” to their applications.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified applicants will be selected for an interview.
How To Apply
Complete Application Packages (Applications and any applicable or required documents) must be submitted electronically through your CalCareer account at www.jobs.ca.gov.
Required Application Documents
Please submit the following items with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.jobs.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Supplemental Application - Applicants are required to submit a Supplemental Application (SA). Applicants that fail to submit the SA will be removed from consideration for the position. There are a total of 3 questions on the supplemental application, please limit your response to no more than one page per question. The SA questions are listed under the Special Requirements Section of the posting.
- Resume is required and must be included.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview. The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview. Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting.
The Hiring Unit Contact is available to answer questions regarding the position or application process.
Hiring Unit Contact:
Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department's EEO Office.
California Relay Service: 1-800-735-2929 (TTY), 1-800-735-2922 (Voice) TTY is a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf, and is reachable only from phones equipped with a TTY Device.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.