Quality Improvement Nurse I - RN, Scotts Valley, CA
Quality Improvement Nurse I - RN
at Central California Alliance for Health
Scotts Valley, CA
*There are two (2) Quality Improvement Nurse I - RN open positions
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Developing, managing and measuring a comprehensive preventive healthcare strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders and network providers to promote best evidence based practices and improve member health outcomes. You will participates in local, regional and state audits and improvement initiatives to measure, analyze and improve member health outcomes. You will evaluate patient safety and quality issues by promoting an environment of transparency with internal stakeholders, network providers and community partners.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Alliance Quality Improvement Department ensures the quality and effectiveness of care provided to our members. Our Quality Improvement Nurses develop, manage and measure comprehensive preventive healthcare strategies to promote best evidence based practices and improve member health outcomes. Our team is collaborative, committed and fun. We work hard, promote learning and encourage each other’s strengths in a professional and supportive work environment.
In this role you will have the opportunity to investigate potential quality issues (PQI) that may affect the quality or safety of the health of members. This position may also ensure patient safety through Facility Site Review (FSR), Medical Record Review (MRR) and Physical Accessibility (PAR) audits, as well as conduct research and provide evidence based education and information to providers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
Ideal candidates will have a background in Quality Improvement and strong critical thinking and nursing judgment experience. You will have a strong ability to appropriately evaluate medical records and other health care data and work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams. Prior Primary Care office experience, Practice Coaching and Process Improvement experience is a plus.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Medi-Cal or managed care
- Medical practice operations and healthcare delivery systems
- Appropriately evaluate medical records and other health care data
- Consistently apply clinical audit criteria with at least a 98% inter-rate reliability
- Consistently enter the results of clinical audits into a database with at least a 98% inter-rater reliability
- Demonstrate a strong orientation to a teamwork environment with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Work independently and within multidisciplinary teams
Education and Experience:
- Current California Registered Nurse license required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in nursing, public health, health administration, or health related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
- Minimum of three years in acute care or primary care with an emphasis in preventative care
- Experience in process improvement, practice coaching or health care quality improvement preferred
- Facility Site Review Certification preferred
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- Fresh Fruit Delivery
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.