Director - Child and Family Services, Tukwila, WA
Director – Child and Family Services
Full time positions, with full time benefits. Sound is currently looking for a Director of Child and Family Services is responsible for the oversight, ongoing development and effective operations of the CFS programs (including Deaf Services and Foster Care) and clients. This department provides a broad range of services to clients between the ages of birth and 21; the vast majority of clients are publicly funded through the MHP and have serious mental health disabilities. Director will provide clinical and administrative supervision, direct service, and participate in program development, interagency and cross system collaboration, budget development and monitoring.
- Develop and maintain programming for mentally ill consumers consistent with WAC and King County MHP guidelines as well as DCFS and Children’s Administration.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of the program, including budget and program development and contract negotiations.
- Responsible for personnel management of the Department, to include hiring, training and supervising managers and staff, and terminating as necessary, to provide effective behavioral health treatment to clients in program.
- Provide ongoing clinical and administrative supervision to program staff. Lead team meetings and participate in the management team meetings.
- Ensure delivery of quality clinical work in the program. Oversee treatment planning to insure services result in the accomplishment of identified outcomes for the majority of clients.
- Provide clinical and administrative oversight to all client assessments, treatment plans, crisis plans and terminations.
- Ensure appropriate and timely disposition of all clients appropriate for outpatient level of care.
- Assume primary responsibility for the Department’s ability to meet all legislative, WAC and County guidelines.
- Maintain responsibility for timely completion of paperwork and adherence to and compliance with agency and WAC and County behavioral health guidelines.
- Uphold and assist to develop as necessary, agency policies and procedures to maintain quality care.
- Assume responsibility for the completion of treatment records, reviews and reports within required timelines.
- Promote effective use of program consultations and training.
- Develop and implement consultative services to other agencies as appropriate.
- Initiate, conduct and/or participate in research projects as appropriate.
- Maintain inter-agency and intra-team collaboration.
- Relate effectively with county, state and federal government bodies regarding children’s mental health issues.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working agreements with other agencies and systems.
- Responsible for program development at all levels of Deaf & Hard of Hearing services (counseling, long term rehabilitation and SMH owned/supported housing).
- Manages child placing agency license, contracts and foster care parent recruitment, retention and homes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to my work at SMH
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at SMH
- Directly supervises program managers (4); indirectly supervises staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include clinical supervision, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, crisis intervention and treatment of multi-problem clients. Knowledge of community mental health systems, community corrections and drug/alcohol systems and resources within King County is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with independently.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 60 days of hire.
- Mental Health Professional status required.
- State licensure (as LMHC, LICSW or LMFT) preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-039, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA 98122, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to Alexis.Owens@Sound.Health