Medical Assistant, Tacoma, WA
To enjoy successful employment with TRA-MINW, P.S. you must exhibit a strong work ethic, conduct yourself with honesty and integrity in all aspects of the position. Be able to conduct business, keeping patients as the central focus, through our values of Trust, Respect and Accountability, while always being sensitive to confidentiality. Accuracy, professionalism, thoroughness and compliance with specifications according to departmental and company expectations are requirements of all positions. Listen to and understand the needs of the patient or customer; use collaborative solutions in problem-solving as appropriate; deliver work products and services in a way that reflect the company’s mission, vision, and values.
We are looking for a Certified Medical Assistant at our Union & Puyallup. Please specific Location desired on Application
The Medical Assistant, Certified is responsible for clerical/reception/clinical support and assisting in the provision of care to imaging patient. This position works closely with the physicians, other clinical staff, and front office staff. Work situations are a variety of clinical and clerical functions which requires knowledge and integration of available standards, resources, and data; discretion; good judgment; diplomacy; decision making; and a customer service attitude. Interviews patients, measures and records information in patient charts. Prepare and maintain examination and treatment areas. This position may also responsible for disposal of biohazard materials. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within an imaging center. Relies on limited judgement and experience to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Clinical Are Responsibilities: Keep clinical spaces and supplies orderly and ready to use.
- Check room and drawers daily and stock as needed. Maintain supplies in storage area.
- Prepare rooms at beginning of each day and according to patient exams.
- Close rooms at the end of day (i.e. wipe exam room tables, surfaces, equipment and counters with sanicoth).
- Stock forms and patient information materials; order materials when needed.
- Package lab specimens and put in central location for pick ups.
- Prepare patient charts: Acquire all pertinent medical records from referring providers, hospitals, outside imaging facilities, including obtaining all prior imaging studies.
- May administer IV injections for diagnostic agents under the direct, visual supervision .
- May administer non-iodinated contrast.
- May administer single-dose or dose-calculated medication (no schedule III-V controlled substance).
- May perform capillary blood withdrawal, venipunctures, intradermal sulpcutaneous, and intramuscular injections-Istats.
- Assist and set up Steril Procedures
- Patient Flow: Anticipate the needs of patients and clinicians.
- Update the IR body calendar every morning. Making sure all appointments and procedures are on it.
- Perform vital signs and initial assessment. Make sure paperwork is in order on patients having annual exams, patients who are new to TRA, and other patients as determined with the clinician.
- Document appropriate information in RIS, PACS, Epic and Elysium.
- Perform physical exam preliminaries.
- Schedule appointments and arrange follow up visits when indicated.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant course accredited by the America Association of Medical Assistants or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
- Eligible for Category A and E Certification as Certified Medical Assistant WA state. Current BLS Certificate.
- American Association of Medical Assistants Certification (CMA).
- Knowledge of the normal signs of aging and the ability to provide age appropriate care.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of personal computer and related systems and software including Microsoft Office, PACS, RIS Systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Skill in good oral and written communication.
- Skill in good grammar and spelling.
- Skill in time management.
- Skill in interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to willingly accept responsibility.
- Ability to set priorities and use good judgment.
- Demonstrate competency in obtaining accurate vital signs and other physical assessments/treatment skills with the cope of the MA.
- Demonstrate knowledge of normal versus abnormal clinical events and findings.
- Demonstrate consistent, accurate and timely follow-through when processing patient request and executing provider orders.
- Knowledge of current infection control standards.
- Practices in accordance with ethical, legal and organizational, framework that ensures the patient’s interests and well being are met. Maintains patient confidentiality, respects cultural, economic, ethnic and lifestyle differences of patients, visitors and staff.
- Accepts personal responsibility for maintaining and improving knowledge and skills necessary to the Medical Assistant, Certified role.
Work is classified as moderate in physical requirements. Must be able to support or lift patients of varying weight. Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Also requires manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for examples, using a keyboard. Possible exposure to communicable disease. Ability to see within normal range.
Work requires high attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity towards confidential information is also required.
Work environment consists of normal office or administrative working conditions. There may be exposure to communicable diseases. There will be limited exposure to ionizing radiation