Internal Medicine, Family Practice, & OB-GYN, Fresno and Bakersfield, CA
Clinica Sierra Vista is one of the oldest and largest Federally Qualified Health Centers in California and the nation, having earned the trust of its patients, partners and the communities it serves over a 46-year history distinguished by rapid growth and innovation, exceptional primary-care physicians, and a reputation for treating the most vulnerable residents with respect and compassion.
If you have a servant’s heart, consider a career with Clinica Sierra Vista, which opened out of a trailer in a field in 1971 but has grown to care for a diverse population of 150,000 patients.
Clinica Sierra Vista, accredited by the rigorous Joint Commission, serves patients at 31 health centers in Kern, Fresno and Inyo counties. Our services include Pediatric Care, Adult Care, Dental Care, Behavioral Health, Case Management, Prenatal & Women’s Health, Substance Abuse Treatment, HIV/AIDS testing and treatment, Health Education, Outreach and WIC services. We partner with local governments, social services departments, businesses and nonprofit leaders to address the full range of needs for our patients. Our dedicated providers and staff make Clinica Sierra Vista an ideal place to call your medical home.
Responsibilities / qualifications:
- Provides primary-care services like exams, diagnoses and treatment, to individuals and families in the community.
- Prepares appropriate treatment plans and provide follow-up as needed while adhering to clinic policy and procedures. Duties include outpatient responsibilities.
- BC/BE for certification in internal medicine.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as an MD or DO in the State of California; have prescriptive authority and current DEA certification.
- Maintains appropriate medical records documentation in the EMR on all patients in accordance with organizational policy. Consistently up to date on charting.
- Prepares appropriate treatment plans and provides follow-up and treatment as needed while adhering to clinic policy and procedures. Refers patients for specialty care as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate information and education to patient and family members regarding diagnoses, treatment, prevention, safety, etc.
- Base salary (Commensurate with experience)
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance for physician and family (begins on first day of employment)
- Sign-on bonus of up to $150,000
- Pay for performance
- Paid CME
- Relocation reimbursement
- Loan repayment through the NHSC
- Malpractice coverage through the FTCA/Federal Tort Claims Act
- J1/H-1B visa candidates are welcome, CSV is cap exempt for H1-B Visa
About the Central Valley
Located in the heart of California, the Central Valley feeds America as the leading agricultural region of the nation. In the southern part of the valley, oil production also powers the economy, though aerospace, the healthcare industry and alternative energy are emerging as key drivers as well.
We specialize in sunshine in California, with a mild climate year-round. Beaches are less than two hours away, and several mountain ranges and the high desert are even closer. We’re two hours north of Los Angeles, and a tank of gas will get you to San Francisco, San Diego or Las Vegas.
But our greatest natural resource is not the bounty of our fields or our oil; it’s the people. Bakersfield and Fresno take great pride in our reputation as generous, giving cities who offer metropolitan amenities but a small-town sense of community.
We also offer the most affordable cost of living in the entire state, plus great schools and universities, a thriving arts scene, and family-friendly communities.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
MD or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Physician - DO
Physician - MD
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.