Clinical Educator, Bend, OR
Clinical Educator – Bend, Oregon
Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative community health center system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002, we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job; it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefits package!
The Clinical Educator facilitates clinical roles development and competencies to enhance clinical practice and influence the professional growth of clinical staff. This role focuses on clinical training and competency development of roles within the care team including medical assistants, CHW, and nurses. They provide expertise as an educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent, leader, and researcher. They foster empowerment through knowledge. Modeling health care delivery through patient-centered and evidence-based care utilizing clinical roles functioning at their highest capacity. This role is instrumental in creating a professional clinical practice environment.
- Partner with Director of Nursing (DoN) and clinical/operational leadership to prepare, deliver and evaluate short and long-term clinical education program planning.
- Teach content as needed and/or assigned within clinical expertise to facilitate orientation, staff development and/or safe practice
- Deliver competence based programs using standard training methodologies for clinical staff with a focus upon improvement of skills, retention of knowledge, optimization of role, and individual professional accountability
- Conduct clinical needs assessments and identification of learning needs using a variety of strategic tools
- Evaluate current practice state, ideal practice state and current practice gaps based on regulatory assessment, accrediting and evidence-based best practice findings to develop training plans and materials
Skills & Knowledge
Knowledge of AAACN standards of practice, the role of medical assistant, PCPCH, Team-Based Care, and theories of Change required. Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and Excel needed. Ability to create and present PowerPoint or other types of learning modules required. Ability to create and deliver evidenced-based curriculum required. Understanding of ANA Standards of Care, OSBN regulations, models of Leadership and adult learning styles a plus.