Director of Nursing, Othello, WA
TITLE Director of Nursing
The Director of Nursing, located in the Operations Department, manages clinical nursing services, directs the day-to-day activities of the licensed nursing department in accordance with CBHA goals and initiatives, works closely with nursing support staff and their supervisors, and works directly with physicians regarding their practice related to the nursing department.
The Director of Nursing will be engaged in the following duties:
- Plans and organizes activities related to clinical services to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with professional standards of nursing care.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates methods to ensure effective and efficient use of staff, facilities, equipment and other resources while maintaining patient care standards.
- Consults with medical and nursing staff on patient care or nursing issues.
- Proactively works with other departments to ensure patient care standards are met by the organization.
- Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for nursing staff members.Thoroughly knowledgeable of EMR.
- Maintains medical supplies to meet the needs of the organization.
- Formulate and maintain nursing staff schedules to meet the scheduling needs of the organization.
- Works in the clinical areas in emergencies and as needed at all clinic sites.
- Ensures CBHA’s standards and procedures are followed.
- Develops and updates clinical policies as needed.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Focuses on solving conflict.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Participates in meetings i.e. Performance Improvement, Environment of Care
- Delegates work assignments
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Communicate well with professionals and patients
- Graduation from an accredited college, university, or School of Nursing as a Registered Nurse and licensed in the state of Washington.
- Thorough knowledge of all nursing procedures
- Familiar with uses and effects of medicines and narcotics
- Preference given to prior experience in a clinical setting coupled with supervisory experience.
SALARY: Dependent on Experience
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
SUPERVISES: Nursing Supervisors, Licensed Nursing Staff- All Sites.
OPEN DATE 2/2/2018
LOCATION Othello Clinic