Billing Coordinator, Work from Home, US
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for performing all billing and collection - related duties on patient accounts. Performs a variety of Medical Records duties such as chart analysis, abstracting, audits, and coding. Prepares and responds to correspondence and records for the release of patient information. This position is expected to be knowledgeable of the specific provisions in the managed care contracts as they relate to billing/reimbursement. Individual shall be knowledgeable of the most current coding policy and patient confidentiality requirements. Individual shall be flexible to perform a variety of duties. This position requires strong interpersonal skills to regularly interact professionally, promptly, and courteously with patients, physicians, and their offices and other Center personnel to maintain strong public and community relations while responding to their inquiries/requests. May be assigned additional delegated responsibilities and special assignments by the Business Manager.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Business Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies procedures and principal diagnosis performed on each patient and properly codes each procedure.
- Prepares batch for dates of services, posts, balances and closes for the day.
- Participates in USPI EDGE program.
- In conjunction with the Medical Records Specialist is responsible for assembling medical chart upon completion, reviews each chart for completeness, and obtains missing signatures or documents in a timely manner.
- Prepares charts for doctor's signatures, maintains medical record files, and is responsible for all aspects of its confidentiality. Obtains and files all reports generated by outside vendors.
- Submits charges on patient accounts to correct payer based on the verified insurance information. Performs re-bills to insurance payers and patients as needed and supplies additional information as requested.
- Maintains and checks implant tracking log and charges for implants or supplies not included in procedure fee.
- Updates and maintains master copy of all current forms used at the Center.
- Updates charge master for new/deleted procedure or diagnosis codes.
- Mails infection control survey to surgeons, keeps track of statistics, and informs the Clinical Manager of any reported infections. Prepares report for the PI Committee and MEC.
- Obtains surgeon signatures on Operative Reports and completes the Medical Record.
- Maintains log of outstanding Operative Reports and prepares report for the MEC.
- Assures that new physicians have transcription number and information. Resolves any problems with the transcription service.
- Is knowledgeable about current coding conventions and applicable state and federal laws as they pertain to billing, coding and consents.
- Backs up Accounts Receivable representative as needed.
- Receives, screens, and routes incoming calls in a professional manner by the third ring.
- Informs Business Manager of applicable day-to-day situations.
- Follows employee health, safety, personnel, and staffing policies.
- Successfully works as a team member.
- Shall be flexible, reliable, productive, patient-oriented and self-motivated.
Applicants can send their resumes to email@example.com