Director, Finance Systems, Reporting & Analytics, Chicago, IL
Director of Finance Systems – Reporting & Analytics, University of Chicago Medicine in Chicago, IL
Join one of the nation’s most renowned academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in an integral role as the Director of Finance Systems, Reporting & Analytics with our Finance Department. This individual will partner with our CFO and Vice President of Financial Shared Services to connect key stakeholders across our IT and Financial Business platforms and be the driving force for technical solutions as they relate to the enterprise’s financial systems. This influencer will have the capacity to build a team and collaborate with leadership to determine the vision of our future financial systems and related operating models. Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, shared decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff are encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
In this role, the Director of Finance Systems, Reporting & Analytics will provide overall strategic direction and integrated delivery of services for the portfolio of software applications and analytics utilized by the Finance department. The Director will develop and drive the system strategy and improvement plan to ensure integrity of UCMC’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Kronos, HCI budgeting, and decision support systems. The Director will play the key finance leadership role in shaping our systems and business intelligence strategies and will and lead teams responsible for reporting, development, testing, and daily operational support of financial systems. Partners with IT, other divisions, business users, and the Finance departments to create and maintain a systems operating model and data governance framework that meets functional business requirements. Ensures that consistent practices are used throughout the company to maintain the integrity of the system.
Director of Finance Systems – Reporting & Analytics Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field from an accredited academic body is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Eight or more years of progressive leadership experience in Finance Systems is necessary.
- Demonstration of increasing levels of leadership responsibility is necessary.
- Must have experience with hospital accounting systems with a preference to Oracle or Peoplesoft.
- Advanced knowledge of health care, financial systems and analytical modeling is required; Understanding of revenue cycle within healthcare is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience advising executive level stakeholders in healthcare, government, academia, or a similar area is expected
- Demonstrated experience analyzing health care financial, claim, encounter, or administrative data is necessary. Decision support and business intelligence system development preferred.
- Experience in accounting, finance, reporting and/or healthcare experience is required.
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.