Assistant Controller, Juneau, AK
SEARHC was established in 1975 under the provisions of the Indian Self-Determination Act as a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. The intent of this legislation was to have Indian Health Service programs and facilities turned over to tribal management. Our contracting with IHS began in 1976 when we took over management of the Community Health Aides Program. In 1982, we took over operation of the IHS Juneau clinic, now the Ethel Lund Medical Center, and took over operation of Sitka’s Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital in 1986. We are one of the oldest and largest Native-run health organizations in the nation.
Juneau, the capital city of Alaska, surrounded by the Tongass National Rainforest has a fantastic small town lifestyle and many amenities. Juneau offers limitless outdoor and wilderness adventures in summer and winter: Hiking, cycling, down-hill and cross country skiing, snowshoeing, boating fishing, and hunting are easily accessible. Juneau has a vibrant cultural heritage and a fantastic year around arts scene.
- This position is responsible for:
- Accounting for all SEARHC business transactions in accordance to GAAP.
- Structuring, guiding, mentoring and training the accounting operations team as well as conducting performance reviews on an annual basis.
- Budget creation and monitoring the departments noted above
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting
- Required: 5 years progressively responsible experience in accounting, with CPA firm or Healthcare provider, CPA or Master’s degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Required: 2 years managing and mentoring staff
- Preferred: 3 years audit experience managing and leading audits of healthcare
Licensure and Certification:
- CPA, HFMA Certifications, Preferred
To apply visit https://searhcjobs.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21fd6pnyzdg
At SEARHC, we see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement. Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career.
We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Check out our SEARHC YouTube Video below!