Behavioral Health Provider, Chicago, IL
Behavioral Health Provider:
PrimeCare Community Health, Inc. (PrimeCare) is a leading provider of affordable health care service to the Chicagoland communities of Humboldt Park, Logan Square/Hermosa, West Town, and Portage Park. PrimeCare’s mission is to provide quality, accessible, and affordable comprehensive primary health care without barriers to the communities we serve. The health care PrimeCare provides is holistic, understanding people have physical, emotional, and spiritual needs and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. By integrating its mission, values, and philosophy into every aspect of the organization, PrimeCare strengthens the foundation of the culture in which we work and serve.
The Behavioral Health Provider is an exciting position as a primary care team member providing short-term interventions for a wide variety of behavioral issues in patients of all ages. The Behavioral Health Provider will work closely with primary care providers and staff to develop and implement treatment plans. Applicants should have an interest in and/or experience with brief interventions, team-based care and a wide variety of psychiatric, substance abuse and behavioral medicine problems. Looking for a candidate who is flexible and has a strong interest in working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment focused on health. Loan repayment options available as part of the National Health Service Corps program.
- LCSW, LCPC or Psy.D./Ph.D.
- Must possess all licenses, registrations, certifications, and accreditations required by law to render health care services in the state of Illinois.
- Must maintain full credentials and privileges to practice with PrimeCare.
- Highly skilled in providing behavioral health services with past experience working with a wide range of ages and presenting issues.
- Knowledge and interest in providing short term behavioral interventions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with primary care staff, patients, and other behavioral health clinicians.
- Interest in the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model: https://www.behavioralconsultationandprimarycare.com/second-edition/
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience as a behavioral health provider in a health care setting required.
- Previous experience in a primary care setting preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in the use of an electronic health record.
Job Type: Full-time
- Chicago, IL
- Direct patient care in behavioral health role: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- LCSW, LCPC or Psy.D./Ph.D.
- Master’s degree
- Strongly preferred bilingual in English/Spanish
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Javier Alaniz, Human Resources Generalist
PrimeCare Community Health, Inc.