Chief Financial Officer, Chicago, IL
Chief Financial Officer:
PrimeCare Community Health, Inc. (PrimeCare) is a leading provider of affordable health care service to the Chicagoland communities of Humboldt Park, Logan Square/Hermosa, West Town, and Portage Park. PrimeCare’s mission is to provide quality, accessible, and affordable comprehensive primary health care without barriers to the communities we serve. The health care PrimeCare provides is holistic, understanding people have physical, emotional, and spiritual needs and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. By integrating its mission, values, and philosophy into every aspect of the organization, PrimeCare strengthens the foundation of the culture in which we work and serve.
Position Summary: Responsible for planning, managing, directing, and monitoring the fiscal systems of the health center. Provides direct oversight of billing and collections, general accounts receivable, fiscal information systems, and financial and statistical reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all financial operations of the center. Ensures adherence to accounting systems that provide complete and accurate records of assets, liabilities, and financial transactions.
- Ensures the production of accurate and timely financial statements and other internal and external reports.
- Participates in long-term strategic and financial planning activities including annual operating, capital, and program budgets for the center.
- Identifies and analyzes variances in financial statements and provides corrective action recommendations, as appropriate.
- Oversees the general collection/disbursements of grant funds.
- Maintains knowledge of, and develops systems for, compliance with state/federal requirements/codes.
- Works closely with auditors throughout the year and is the key person involved in on-site financial audits.
- Leads Board Finance Committee and is responsible for presenting, interpreting, and discussing financial information.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Masters of Science degree in accounting, finance, or business administration with a finance/accounting focus required
- Strong communication skills required, including to provide layperson’s explanation of financial activities
- Numerical ability required to analyze problems and develop accounting systems to accurately control financial activity
- Progressive experience in general accounting principles with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a health care setting
- Prior experience managing accounting/finance staff
- Previous experience with the revenue cycle for medical, behavioral health, and dental billing, preferably in a Federally Qualified Health Center
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Experience using Athena (EHR) highly preferred
Benefits include PTO, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage, Life/AD&D, 403(b), paid holidays.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Javier Alaniz, Human Resources Generalist
PrimeCare Community Health, Inc.