Manager, Enrollment Services, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Enrollment Services
Job Locations US-CA-San Francisco
Job ID 2018-1454
Category Policy Development & Coverage Programs
Type Regular Full-Time
The Manager, Enrollment Services is responsible for ensuring that over 5,000 low and moderate income San Franciscans gain accurate information and access to health care coverage programs at the San Francisco Health Plan Service Center. The SFHP Service Center is a critical part of San Francisco’s efforts to achieve universal health coverage resource by offering application and enrollment assistance in Healthy San Francisco, Medi-Cal, SF City Option, Healthy Kids and Covered CA.
The Manager is accountable for the overall quality and responsiveness of the services provided at the SFHP Service Center and performance of the Enrollment Services team. The ideal candidate for this position has proven success in efficiently managing day to day operations and high performing teams. This position is perfect for a manager that believes in the mission of improving health care access as a step towards universal health care for all San Franciscans.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain a high-performing team.
- Ensure excellent customer service is delivered to Service Center clients.
- Effectively use data and metrics to inform decision making and service levels.
- Take an active leadership role within the department and SFHP.
- Partner with other San Francisco entities administering health coverage programs to provide accurate, timely and efficient services.
- Service Oriented: committed to a client first approach and able to balance operational needs with excellent customer service.
- Analytical: adept at tackling operational puzzles, identifying and delivering opportunities to streamline and improve processes.
- Empathetic: able to see situations from other’s viewpoints and use these insights to build rapport and a positive Service Center experience to clients and team members.
- An Effective Communicator: clear, succinct, mature and professional in your ability to communicate information and direction.
- Leadership and management skills that compliment a team of dedicated and skilled individuals connecting San Francisco residents to health coverage programs.
- Proven ability to create a positive work environment for a diverse team with a range of experiences and cultural backgrounds.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. A Master’s degree in health-related field preferred.
- 5+ years of related work experience; minimum of 2 years of experience managing and developing team members of subordinates of diverse backgrounds, promoting collaboration and encouraging innovative ideas.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- An active desire to promote continuous improvement practices.
- Excellent judgment and practical decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Bilingual capability in Spanish or Cantonese desired.
- Knowledge of health coverage programs in San Francisco and publicly-funded health care programs in California is desired.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook). Competency in Microsoft Visio and SharePoint preferred.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 140,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.