LPN/Licensed Practical Nurse - 1.0 FTE - Specimen Collection, Seattle, WA
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
The LPN performs limited assessment of patients, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to MD/ARN and Administers medications, injections and vaccines as ordered by a licensed provider and within LPN scope of practice and SCCA policy. Other duties can be found on our careers page.
Education, Experience, Certifications
- Current Washington State nursing license
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider Card
- Ability to observe and record patient’s symptoms or signs of distress and respond appropriately to those symptoms
- Ability to organize and manage time and tasks independently
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Proficient with email software systems
- Ability to work in a high pressure, time-sensitive, and complex health care environment
- Ability to practice the critical thinking skills of analyzing, applying standards, discriminating, information seeking, logical reasoning, predicting, and transforming knowledge
- Basic understanding of proper labeling and management of specimens preferred
- One year or greater of LPN practice in an oncology and/or ambulatory setting preferred
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred
Please apply on our careers page: https://careers-scca.icims.com/jobs/11657/lpn-licensed-practical-nurse---1.0-fte---specimen-collection/job?hub=7