Internist, Chicago, IL
Position Title: Internist
Report To: Chief Medical Officer
Exempt: X Non-Exempt:
Position Summary: Provides primary medical care services to adult patients in both the ambulatory and in-patient setting using primary care concepts, emphasizing prevention of illness and the promotion of health lifestyles. Collaborates with the Adult Advance Practice Nurses in the preparation and implementation of patient care protocols. Provides leadership and training in Internal Medicine to other health care professionals. Participates in the program planning of health activities within the Health Center and in the community, as requested.
Will follow role assignments that are in alignment with the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards, and participate in all Patient Centered Medical Home efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages ambulatory primary care medical practice by eliciting patient histories, performing physical examinations, providing accurate clinical diagnoses, prescribing evidence-based and cost effective treatments and providing patient education.
- Adheres to NNHSC Team Productivity standard of 4200 annual patient visits.
- Maintains and promotes patient satisfaction through acknowledgement that environmental, social and cultural factors influence one’s health.
- Actively participates in the Health Disparities Diabetes Collaborative.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities of the health center including complete, legible and accurate chart documentation, Peer Performance chart audits and reviews, and designated projects.
- Practices evidence based, cost effective primary care in a team approach model.
- Makes appropriate diagnoses and prescribes appropriate prescriptions and referrals consistent with NNHSC medical practice guidelines.
- Prepares, implements and documents age specific preventive health schedules for adult and geriatric patients.
- Builds and maintains an Internal Medicine practice with follow-up of return appointments and referrals, in-patient management and other methods that assure continuity of care.
- Collaborates with midlevel providers ( Advanced Practice Nurses, etc) in the care of patients.
- Maintains clinical competency through regular continuing medical education and provides documentation of such to Human Resources.
- Maintains liaison with the partner hospitals’ medical staff and ambulatory care departments through obtaining and maintaining Hospital privileges, attendance at department & section meetings and attending physician teaching duties.
- Plays a role in educating and training medical and healthcare professionals, as needed, and accepts and implements teaching assignments of health center staff as assigned by the Medical Director.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in community health education and health promotion activities.
- Participates in at least one health fair annually.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of NNHSC’s Health Care Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of an Accredited Medical School.
Required Licensure and/or Certification: Current Illinois State License,Controlled Substance License & DEA.
Minimum Experience: Licensed as a Physician in the State of Illinois. Completed an Accredited Post-Graduate Training Program in Internal Medicine. Board Certified or Eligible in Internal Medicine.
Other Requirements: Saturday hours, evening hours and/or may be required to work at a different site.
Near North Health Service Corporation provides a number of benefits to full time employees, here are a few:
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long Term Salary Continuance Insurance (LTD)
- Malpractice Insurance
- Continuing Education / CME Benefit
- Retirement Plan
- Section 125 (Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Tax Deferral Annuity Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bank-at-Work services
- Credit Union