Clinical Risk Consultant (Remote position with WA Travel), Eastern and Central, WA
Clinical Risk Consultant
Accounts based in Eastern and Central, WA & Travel required up to 50%
Physicians Insurance A Mutual Company provides traditional, first-dollar medical professional liability insurance, medical stop loss, provider excess, and reinsurance coverage to more than 7,500 physicians, practices, corporations, and hospitals in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Alaska and Wyoming. Through its subsidiaries, the company also provides alternative risk financing vehicles and captive management with corresponding risk-management consulting, continuing medical education, and claims administration services. Founded in 1981, Physicians Insurance has grown to be the largest locally-based insurer of physicians in its region, and is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. Physicians Insurance maintains corporate headquarters in Seattle, with regional and subsidiary offices in Spokane, WA, Portland, OR, Milton, VT, and Orlando, FL. We are proud to have a long history of excellent operating results and a commitment to our policyholders, our employees, and the communities we serve. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Risk Consultant.
We are looking for a Risk Management professional who is motivated by a team-based approach to support our members primarily in the Eastern and Central Washington areas (Yakima, Chelan, Tri-Cities, Walla Walla, etc.).
The Clinical Risk Consultant is responsible for on-going risk management support for assigned account types, including providers, provider groups, clinics, hospitals, multi-specialty health systems, and other alternative business subscribers. This role is also responsible for conducting risk assessments and capturing risk assessment data for comparative analyses. The consultant will focus on driving change and reducing risk exposures while developing a targeted education plan for members and clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct onsite risk evaluations and risk assessments for insured providers, clinics, hospitals, and other subscribers
- Advise and consult on risk management matters via telephone, email and/or in person
- Participate in the development of new service offerings and programs to meet emerging risk management trends
- Present and contribute to the development of account specific educational offerings and programs based on risk assessment outcomes or identified needs
- Collaborate with other internal departments to determine risk exposure with existing and/or new accounts
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field
- Three plus years risk management experience in a clinical setting including a hospital or multi-specialty health system environment
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills, with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated technical ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), or other related certification preferred
- A valid driver’s license required with the ability to travel up to 50% to assigned accounts and other locations as necessary to accomplish department goals.
- Ability to lift or move up to 40 pounds
At Physicians Insurance, you’ll find an exceptional work environment, an impressive benefits package, and the opportunity to work for an industry leader whose programs have a positive impact on the practice of medicine and patient safety.
To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.