Director of Health Services, Seattle, WA
Swedish Health Services is looking for a Director of Health Services (1.0 FTE, Days) to work at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA.
The Director Health Services, ACS is responsible for the comprehensive medical management function which includes care management of SMG- attributed patients’ care along the health continuum.
In this position you will:
- Monitor outpatient utilization trends, communicate them to Care Management team, Medical Management team, the medical group providers, and make recommendations to proactively position the organization to most effectively manage such trends.
- Responsible for oversight of Medical Management Programs
- Develop systems and procedures which enhance and improve these operations
- Collaborate with Risk Adjustment Coding teams (SMG and SHS) and promotes compliance and opportunities within the review of documentation and training of physicians
- Collaborate with SMG Quality & Value, Decision Support, and Financial Analyst teams, primary care and specialty physician groups, clinic administrators, health plan partners, as well as ACO, Population Health, and Providence partners in a highly matrixed organization
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Undergraduate degree required in nursing, business, or related field
- Current Washington State RN license
- 5-10 years in senior management
- Demonstrated solid health care business acumen, understands complexity of factors impacting the bottom line, and enjoys leading by addressing operational and financial issues.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters level in business or health administration preferred
- Knowledge of standard reimbursement methods, e.g. HCCs, RBRVS, specialized Medicare Free Schedules, DRGs, capitation and others; familiarity with Epic preferred.
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and well being of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the Greater Seattle Area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 183 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Great Puget Sound area. Swedish employs more than 13,000 employees and 4,200 physicians. Whether through physician clinics, health education, research and innovation or other means of outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
When applying online, please reference job number 200305.
Swedish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.