Director of Nursing Practice and Health Policy, Seattle, WA
Come join a dynamic organization advocating for nurses and dedicated to improving the health of individuals and families in Washington State!
The Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA) is seeking a Director of Nursing Practice and Health Policy.
The Director of Nursing Practice & Health Policy ensures the development of WSNA’s nursing practice programmatic activities and other mechanisms that improve patient care standards and advance the practice of nursing through regulation, public policy, and education. This position provides oversight of nursing practice and education program planning; regulatory and legislative monitoring and analysis; health policy analysis; development, implementation and evaluation of WSNA programs and activities at a statewide level that enhance and support the profession of nursing, WSNA goals and priorities, and ensures nursing’s presence in the healthcare community. In addition, the Director of Nursing Practice & Health Policy represents the Association in areas of assigned responsibility.
The Director is a member of the WSNA Executive Staff and participates in strategic and business planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and other activities that enhance and support the work of the Association and staff.
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in State of Washington
- BSN and advanced degree in nursing, law, public policy or health policy required. PhD or DNP preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, teaching, and public speaking skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and ability to work with others, experience with volunteers helpful.
- Demonstrated health policy experience, such as working with professional boards/commissions, advising associations on health policy, or policy development/analysis experience at the state legislative level
- Must be able to organize workload, manage multiple projects simultaneously and work with minimal supervision; strong skills required in performing detail work; maintain accuracy and thoroughness; work in a team environment.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Sally Watkins, PhD, RN
Washington State Nurses Association