Clinical Supervisor, Bellingham, WA
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR OPPORTUNITY
Unity Care NW, a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center that’s been proudly and successfully serving the greater Bellingham area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham and Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health, and dental care as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing over 250 caring and compassionate employees, our purpose is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
Clinical Supervisor Opportunity Highlights:
- Full-time, benefited position directly supervising and providing at the elbow support for the RN’s and LPN’s including hiring, training, coaching, progressive discipline and annual evaluations.
- Assures on-going compliance with established roles, responsibilities, procedures, workflows, standing orders and required competencies that facilitates efficient patient flow, staff workflows, achievement of care team goals and outcomes and effective support for our providers.
- Assures adequate support staff coverage to meet medical clinic needs.
- The Clinical Supervisor is part of a multidisciplinary patient care team providing and coordinating medical care in an outpatient setting following a patient-centered primary care model.
- Assures patient care is managed using a team-based approach in our interactions with patients and achieves our quality standards, objectives and outcomes across our medical care teams.
- Works closely with a multidisciplinary team consisting of, at a minimum, medical provider(s), RN(s), LPN(s), MA(s), MTC(s), Behavioral Health Counselor(s)/Social Worker(s), Behavioral Health Case Manager(s), Quality Improvement and Population Health staff.
Ideal Candidate Offers:
- Bachelor’s degree (BSN) required, from an accredited institution.
- Current Washington State RN license and BLS Certification required.
- Five (5) years’ experience as an RN in an outpatient clinic required, preferably in a community health center.
- Two (2) years’ experience as a nursing lead or supervisor preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate skills associated with RN level work and performance, including procedures, patient teaching & education, care management, treatment planning, assessing and removing patient barriers to care, reducing disparities in care, assisting patients with developing self-management goals and connecting patients to resources to assist with Social Determinants of Health.
- Knowledge of and commitment to an integrated care delivery model. Knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes such as PDSA cycles.
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills; demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining productive work teams and effectively supervise staff; acts with integrity and compassion in all interactions and fosters a culture of mission, trust, respect and accountability for mutual outcomes.
- Works both independently and with a team in a fast-paced, outpatient medical clinic with frequent interruptions, public contact, and occasional crisis situations; maintain strict confidentiality with medical information, as well as other confidential information, and conform to HIPAA regulations.
- Proficiency with computers and MS applications with strong keyboarding skills.
- Ability to travel to other sites, as needed and to conferences, seminars and workshops.
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Generous paid time off benefit with six paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match after 1 year of eligibility
Live in a Community consistently rated one of the most desirable in the USA! Beautiful Bellingham, a popular university & retirement community of 80,000, is nestled between Bellingham Bay and the foot of the Cascade Mountains. A short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC and the San Juan Islands, Whatcom County houses several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer, from a vast range of recreational & outdoor activities, excellent schools, unique shops, local festivals, farmers markets, diverse restaurants, community events, and enjoy visual and performing arts.
To Apply for this rewarding opportunity and truly make a difference in the community, please visit the Careers section of our web site at www.unitycarenw.org.
Help us provide access to high quality, affordable health care for all!