Support Services Manager, Bellingham, WA
Unity Care NW, a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center that’s been proudly and successfully serving the greater Bellingham area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham and Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health, and dental care as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing over 250 caring and compassionate employees, our purpose is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
- Supervises and provides guidance and support to the Front Desk Supervisor, Call Center Supervisor, and HIM/Referrals Supervisor.
- Ensures that UCNW’s shared support services meet the needs of our medical, dental, behavioral health and pharmacy programs in facilitating the achievement of their goals and objectives.
- Fosters an environment of service, cooperation and collaboration with internal customers across all UCNW departments to reduce barriers, achieve a common solution and/or improve effectiveness.
- Assures a culture of service excellence, professionalism and compassion with our patients.
Ideal Candidate Offers:
- AA Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a health care setting and three (3) years management experience required.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
Specialized Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent written communication skills including: business writing; policies and procedures; report preparation; training and implementation plans; and project plans.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including: public speaking; training; providing clear and concise direction; ability to develop positive working relationships with peers and stakeholders; portrays caring attitude.
- Strong leadership skills including: active listening; critical thinking; effective delegation; forging cooperative and constructive relationships with stakeholders and leadership; an effective teacher/mentor/coach; effectively builds consensus and buy-in; is a team player; demonstrates stellar customer service skills; ability to plan, organize and direct effectively; ability to negotiate and enlist the cooperation and support of others; demonstrates agility to change; possesses strategic planning skills; demonstrates good analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; manages stress appropriately; is highly organized and manages time effectively.
- Acts with integrity and compassion and fosters a culture of mission, trust, respect and accountability for outcomes.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with medical information, as well as other confidential information, and conform to HIPAA regulations.
- Keeps customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with clients, co-workers, and others, promoting a positive image for UCNW and fostering an ethical work environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible in stressful conditions including frequent interruptions, public contact and occasional crisis situations.
- Knowledge of and commitment to an integrated care delivery model.
- Ability to understand and respond effectively and with sensitivity to special populations served by UCNW. Special populations include those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, sexual orientation, economic standing, disability, migrant and seasonal workers, homeless, people living with HIV/AIDS, and others.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes such as PDSA cycles.
- Proficient with computers & applicable software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Practice Management, Electronic Medical Records, PowerPoint and other applicable software).
- Ability to collaboratively and effectively work across multiple departments towards a common solution.
- Ability to cultivate and support direct reports to successfully lead their departments with significant autonomy while maintaining accountability for outcomes.
- Ability to travel for training, collaboration with other organizations, and to other areas of community as necessary.
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Generous paid time off benefit with six paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match after 1 year of eligibility
Live in a Community consistently rated one of the most desirable in the USA! Beautiful Bellingham, a popular university & retirement community of 80,000, is nestled between Bellingham Bay and the foot of the Cascade Mountains. A short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC and the San Juan Islands, Whatcom County houses several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer, from a vast range of recreational & outdoor activities, excellent schools, unique shops, local festivals, farmers markets, diverse restaurants, community events, and enjoy visual and performing arts.
To Apply for this rewarding opportunity and truly make a difference in the community, please visit the Careers section of our web site at www.unitycarenw.org.
Help us provide access to high quality, affordable health care for all!