Account Manager, Bellevue, WA
Healthcare Management Administrators - Bellevue, WA
Are you a natural when it comes to making connections and building relationships? HMA is seeking passionate and inspired Account Managers to join our growing team immediately! In this opportunity, your ability to creatively partner with clients and brokers to develop well-rounded health plans has a very real impact on the well being of our members. If you think the healthcare industry is due for a more people-centric approach, come develop your career with HMA and help us Prove What's Possible in Healthcare!
For over 30 years, HMA has been helping Pacific Northwest-based employers administer their own health plans. We believe that good healthcare should improve health, so we support companies in taking better care of their people by taking better care of them. Now is an excellent time to join HMA as our employees are combining purpose, passion, and experience in new and innovative ways to stay ahead of the healthcare curve. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, professional development opportunities and an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fun team environment.
How YOU will make a Difference:
As an Account Manager at HMA, you will manage a book of business, serve as the primary client liaison, and ensure the expectations of our brokers and clients are exceeded. This external facing role allows you to use your innate talents for presenting to and engaging with clients to help make a difference in our members’ health and wellness. You will be supported by a collaborative and dynamic team who want to see you succeed!
What YOU will do:
- Serve as a strategic partner with clients and brokers to build a personalized healthcare strategy
- Travel occasionally to client locations and present wellness strategies, providing insight and advice to help clients improve their population’s overall health
- Manage a book of existing accounts, which includes: problem solving, renewal negotiations, preparation of benefit recommendations, client/broker presentations, client advocate to operations, vendor evaluations (including PBMs, excess loss carrier), evaluation of client's needs for other HMA product/service offerings, and assisting in determining proper benefits.
- Review utilization data to discover ways to control client costs and mitigate risk
- Onboard and implement new client groups to HMA
- Provide support to Account Analysts, including auditing of work
How we Support your Work, Life, and Wellness Goals:
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package including: competitive pay; annual incentive; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K Retirement Plan with match; generous PTO and holidays; an onsite gym facility; a gym subsidy; Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances; an Employee Assistance Plan; free parking and easy freeway access to I-405, I-520 and I-90; a well-stocked kitchen on-site with subsidized snacks and refreshments; year-round wellness activities; the ability to earn a $500 wellness incentive; monthly events; paid volunteer hours and more!
HMA is a drug free environment and requires a drug and background screen prior to employment.
Protected Health Information (PHI) Access
Healthcare Management Administrators (HMA) employees may encounter protected health information (PHI) in the regular course of their work. All PHI shall be used and disclosed on a need-to-know-basis and according to HMA’s standard policies and procedures.
HMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Knowledge, Experience, and Key Attributes needed for Success:
- 2 years’ experience in the health insurance industry
- 3 years' experience working directly with clients/brokers
- 2 years in account management
- Experience and comfort presenting complex healthcare information in front of various people, ensuring content is understood
- Extensive knowledge of ERISA, Benefit Plan Management, Self-Funded Benefit Plans and Stop Loss
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent education and experience in WA State
- Agents License, Life & Disability or other professional designations (e.g., CEBS, HIAA) required
Applicants can apply on our company website via: https://www.accesshma.com/join-our-team