Supervisor - Core Laboratory Services, Kirkland, WA
Job Title Supervisor - Core Laboratory Services
Date posted 09/17/2018
At EvergreenHealth, we value and encourage the individuality, involvement and expertise of our team members. Our high-tech, high-touch philosophy allows us to serve our patients to the highest level while appreciating each individual employee as a vital element in our highly skilled, compassionate patient care team. Our employees are dedicated to service excellence and family-centered care: with this commitment we partner providers with patients and families to deliver exceptional care to our community.
Manages the operation of the Kirkland Core Laboratory and the Redmond Laboratory. Oversees the Point-of-Care program for both campuses. Performs the essential job functions of a Medical Technologist as described in the applicable job description.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of all testing performed in the core laboratory including Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Processing (Inpatient and Outpatient) and Phlebotomy.
- Supervises the Redmond Laboratory operation.
- Supervises the Point of Care program for both campuses.
- Coordinates the implementation of new procedures, equipment and policies.
- Provides technical support to the hospital staff.
- Responsible for all personnel issues in assigned areas to include: hiring, performance appraisal, disciplinary action and termination.
- Oversees the orientation of new employees. Develops and implements training and competency procedures, ensuring compliance with all College of American Pathologists (CAP) and CLIA guidelines.
- Develops, implements and monitors a quality control program which meets or exceeds all CAP and CLIA requirements.
- Must utilize laboratory and hospital information system applications to deliver and track patient care
- Must possess advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of statistics as related to quality control of laboratory testing
- Requires extensive knowledge of the complexities of the regulations applicable to laboratory operations (CAP, CLIA, Joint Commission, State of Washington)
License, Certification, Education or Experience
- 5 years of experience in a clinical laboratory including 3 years in a management, supervisory or lead position
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Certified as a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAP standards
- Experience with Cerner Millennium applications
- Experience with CAP inspections