Systems Administrator-Business Intelligence, Vancouver, WA
Systems Administrator-Business Intelligence
Evergreen, Vancouver, WA
Implements and supports business intelligence platforms including the enterprise data warehouse and BI reporting platforms. Administers and manages reporting and analytical solutions including table structures and processes such as ETL. Resolves issues including SQL error messages (warning and errors), load failures, data and table issues, KB-SQL & T-SQL errors. Acts as a technical liaison between technical resources and business partners including Enterprise Analytics. This position requires proficiency with analytical tools (SAP, Excel), knowledge of data analysis methodology, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to delivering the highest level of customer service. Functions with a high degree of independence to proactively identify needs or issues, develop strategies and propose/implement data model solutions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Configures and maintains data warehouse, reporting and ancillary business intelligence platforms
- Manages data acquisition from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems including custom ETL development
- Resolve issues such as error messages (warnings and errors), load failures, data and table issues, KB-SQL problems, to deliver accurate data meeting our customer’s requirements.
- Assists in technical support of corporate web properties and integration between internal and external web services and data sources (JSON feeds, etc.)
- Develops and maintains documentation of all processes associated with administration of the business intelligence infrastructure
- Coordinates and collaborates with multiple partners including enterprise data governance, data custodian, data stewards, data analyst, data and system architects.
- Provide downstream database owners with results of upgrade analyses, to ensure changes are clearly communicated to colleagues.
- Design, develop, test and release reports and tools working closely with business and clinical leaders.
- Achieve Epic Clarity & Caboodle Administrator certification within 12 months of hire.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or technical degree in related field (computer science, information systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience. Minimum 2 years administrator level experience.
- Minimum 2 years of continuous hands on Microsoft SQL, SSRS, SSIS tools including direct t-sql coding
- Epic Cogito Clarity & Caboodle Administrator certification required or acquired within 1 year
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development and data mining.
- Minimum 2 years experience with BI tools preferably SAP WebI, InfoView, & Crystal Reports.
- Proficiency in SQL programming language.
- Proficiency in MS Office software required.
- Familiarity with healthcare clinic operations preferred.
- Experience with installing, implementation and testing complete Clarity & Caboodle environments (i.e., console, Compass, Hyperspace, configuration of Epic tools) for Clarity & Caboodle non production and production environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills to bridge communication between technical and non-technical project staff, clinical staff and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to analyze business reporting requirements and systems functionality to develop and support reporting systems.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.