Clinical Reporting Analyst II, Phoenix, AZ
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Using analytic tools, identify, design, recommend, and execute solutions to deliver actionable information to Healthcare Ventures & Innovations Enterprise Medical Director and other customers as needed. Provide follow-up consultation on solutions as needed.
- Partner with analytics team to identify actionable opportunities for further analyses
- Serve as an internal technical and analytic consultant to define business questions and transform data into meaningful and actionable information for a variety of customer segments
- Display initiative in research beyond the specific assignment
- Pursue expansion of current knowledge and skills
- Develop a strong knowledge of reporting sources and tools
- Use self-serve analytic tools to deliver actionable information
- Deliver business intelligence to clients by applying and demonstrating expertise in the areas of advanced analytics, forecasting, data extrapolation, and predictive modeling
- Plan and lead complex projects from inception to completion. Includes working independently on creating timelines, working with other areas to define deliverables, monitoring progress, implementing the project and resolving/monitoring post-implementation issues
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing) and interprets results, recommendations and abstract concepts to internal and external customers.
- Anticipate and addresses possible customer questions and concerns
- Build and maintain close working relationships with internal stakeholders (Account Management teams, Health Services, Provider Network, Marketing, Underwriting, Actuarial, IT) and key external client contacts (Brokers/GBAs, BCBS Association, Blues Plans, Vendors)
- Produce complex analytic solutions
- Incorporate strategic planning in all areas of responsibility
- Interpret, communicate and present results in a consistent, professional and easy to understand format that facilitates fact based decision making
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience working in Value Based Payments with analytic tools and processes (Applies to all Levels)
- 3 years of experience in data analysis using analytic tools and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in business, mathematics, statistics, healthcare administration or related field of study (Applies to All Levels)
Preferred Work Experience
- 3 years of experience working for a healthcare organization / health insurer (Level
- Master’s Degree in business, mathematics, statistics, or related field of study (Applies to All Levels)
Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Intermediate proficiency in database, presentation, spreadsheet and word processing software
- Advanced in spreadsheet software
- General proficiency in mathematical concepts
- Advanced skills in mathematics and statistics
- Advanced understanding of data management principles
- Basic skill with SAS and/or SQL
- Intermediate skill with SAS and/or SQL
- Proficiency in SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence software
- Intermediate skill with SAS Visual Analytics
Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Broad understanding of health insurance terms and concepts
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate analytic solutions
- Ability to solve problems independently and draw accurate conclusions from data using basic analytic techniques
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make recommendations with less than complete or conflicting information while maintaining appropriate time management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels in all departments
- Ability to summarize technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with others
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.