Clinical Data Analyst, Santa Maria, CA
The Clinical Data Analyst (analyst) is responsible for data collection, analysis, trending and reporting. Coordinates data collection from patient care, patient services, patient safety, patient revenues and process improvement activities to analyze and to identify trends and issues using statistical tools and techniques as directed by the Quality Data Manager.
Analyst will work closely with Quality Improvement team, IT, Operations, Nursing, Finance and Billing to meet various data analytics and reporting requirements of each program. The Analyst will serve as the in-house expert for all quality measure-driven regulatory requirements. The focus of this work will be in the interpretation of regulatory requirements (Medicare, Medicaid, MACRA, HRSA) and integration of those requirements within the workflows, resulting data, and reporting to various agencies. This role will also monitor compliance of various data elements that have an impact on quality score outcomes and audit preparedness.
It is the primary purpose of CHCCC to provide the highest quality of total care possible to the patient population it serves. Such a level of quality depends ultimately on the staff's desire and ability to work together, individually, and as a team. The employee is expected to be professional, punctual, maintain regular attendance, cooperative, organized, and enthusiastic at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and reports advanced data analysis. Provides analytical support for quality efforts.
- Identifies data needs and integrates data from multiple sources to create strategic and operational reports.
- Ensure that data is accurate and reliable.
- Oversight of externally and internally sourced data management.
- Development of clinical data testing systems, including design, documentation, implementation and reporting.
- Work closely with the health center managers, staff and providers to ensure accurate collecting and recording of data.
- Implementation of study-specific procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and internal best practices.
- Training of fellow employees in the use of equipment and software.
- Updating and reporting relevant results to stakeholders.
- System/Toolset Analysis and Design -- Responsible for the excellent documentation regarding data sources, queries, and data submission files.
- Software tools – Ability to work with EHR, Practice Management, reporting tools, and Excel.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Exercises discretion and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree or higher (Master's preferred) in applicable healthcare field (i.e. Health Care Administration, Business, Computer science, Data analytics, Nursing, or affiliated health profession)
3 years work related experience in the healthcare field.
Experience with analytic reporting, data interpretation, and effective communication of findings to varied audiences.
Preferred: Experience with EHR, Billing and PM, MACRA, MU, PQRS, i2i, and audits.
For full time positions CHC offers the following: Life insurance. Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. 401k Retirement plan. Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time. Paid jury duty and bereavement time. Employee Assistance Program.
For more information or a complete job description please contact Madisyn Masatani at firstname.lastname@example.org.