Manager - Hospice Home Care, Kirkland, WA
Manager - Hospice Home Care
EvergreenHealth Hospice Services, Kirkland, WA
Hospice Home Care
Full-Time, Day, Salaried
Shift Hours From: 8amShift Hours To: 5pm
EvergreenHealth is looking to add a dynamic leader to the Hospice Home Care team.
EvergreenHealth Hospice Home Care focuses on providing the highest quality of life possible for our patients and our publicly reported patient satisfaction outcomes demonstrate our success and leadership in our field as the premier hospice agency.
Assumes 24-hour accountability and responsibility for Hospice/Palliative Care services and designated team(s). Responsible for overall quality of service and for planning, developing, organizing, integrating, and overseeing programs, staff, and budget in support of the organizational goals and commitments.
- Responsible for service line(s) to include, but not limited to, Medical and Psychiatric nursing, rehabilitative and social work services.
- Ensures that operations follow established policies and procedures and comply with all applicable standards and regulations to include, but not limited to: licensure, Medicare Conditions of Participation, JC, OSHA regulations and accepted standards of practice. Ensures, promotes, and assesses compliance with regulatory agency standards and acts as resource to staff to answer regulation based questions.
- Facilitates patient care and operations including organization and management within established policies, procedures, standards of care, budgetary parameters and strategic objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must utilize one or more McKesson Horizon Homecare systems.
- Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care. Must complete a written Cerner application(s) competency assessment with a minimum passing score of 80% or greater, dependent on the employee's job and department.
- Must have accountability for professional nursing practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold Patient's Rights, Federal, State of Washington Department of Health, and JC regulations and requirements.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
Current license in a health related field to practice in the State of Washington, as applicable
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
An understanding of financial management, budgeting skills, and a commitment to the provision of cost-effective care
Knowledge of Federal, State, and JC regulations and requirements
Knowledge of continuous quality improvement, and leadership process knowledge and skills
Effective customer relationship skills, interest and willingness to create and maintain relationships with key customers, particularly physicians and payers
Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
Demonstrate ability to communicate clinical/education knowledge to staff, patients, and families
Demonstrate or acquire skills to complete clinical skills/competency assessment checklist
Verbal and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to communicate and ensure and deliver safe patient care, and to provide a legal record of this care
Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
DESIRED for the position:
Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Health care field that licensure is in.
2 years of Home Health and/ or Hospice experience