SAS Programmer - Healthcare, Renton, WA
SAS Programmer - Healthcare
Develop or manage the development of systematic tools and decision support processes throughout the K/Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Division or to enable the creation of financial and care management strategies. Provide project management, consultative advice and high-level analysis to establish tools and plans at an organization-wide level. May direct cross-functional teams.
- Provides project management & leadership in the development of financial & care management Decision Support strategy monitoring tools. Establishes & manages timelines, accountabilities, outcomes & deliverables. Communicates with managers & directors throughout K/GH organizations (e.g. KFHPW, GHNW & Kaiser Portland) regarding issues & solutions.
- Develops & implements systematic approaches of tracking or following & understanding organization-wide strategies & goals. May direct & coordinate the work of cross-functional project teams consisting of Decision Support analyst, programmers, ISD staff, business & clinical experts, external vendors and technical support staff, to accomplish necessary activities. May lead project teams through the identification & resolution of complex technical issues.
- Consults with K/GH directors & managers to provide decision support help and problem solving. Provides & coordinates training around new Decision Support Services tools & methods. Manages changes to existing models. Provides general decision support consulting.
- May interpret financial & care management performance reporting, provide guidance to the area where concentrated effort would provide the most benefit, and help others understand the purpose & information contained in reports and the underlying cause and effect.May use experience with existing Decision Support System and knowledge of business processes to direct project teams regarding potential design changes or enhancements and work with software vendors to modify the system design to support specific business needs.
- Works with Information Systems managers to turnover analytical systems into production processes.
THE RISK ADJUSTMENT SERVICES TEAM IN ACTUARIAL SERVICES AT KFHPWA IS FOCUSED ON RISK ADJUSTMENT AND ENCOUNTER DATA SUBMISSIONS, MA & ACA RISK SCORE MODELING, ANALYTICS AND REPORTING AS WELL AS PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND CONSULTING.
THE DECISION SUPPORT CONSULTANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- ACTING AS A TECHNICAL OWNER AND SME FOR THE MA AND ACA PRODUCTION CODE BASE, RISK SCORE MODELS AND ANALYTICS.
- PROVIDING PROJECT MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF FINANCIAL & CARE MANAGEMENT DECISION SUPPORT STRATEGY MONITORING TOOLS.
- REVIEWING TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE AND TIMELY PRODUCTION PROCESSING, FILE TRANSFERS, CREATION OF A ACA DATA STORE, AUTOMATION OF STANDARD REPORTS.
- DIRECT PROJECT TEAMS REGARDING POTENTIAL DESIGN CHANGES OR ENHANCEMENTS AND WORK WITH SOFTWARE VENDORS TO MODIFY THE SYSTEM DESIGN TO SUPPORT SPECIFIC BUSINESS NEEDS.
- Minimum five (5) years of project management experience in a health care setting with development of a complex decision support system; or complex decision support system infrastructure development.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, computer science or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of health care industry and health care management or detailed knowledge of data warehouse modeling, Sybase and SQL.
- Expertise in financial and care management analysis and application to business operations.
- Ability to present complex technical issues to all levels of the organization.
- Technical project management skills.
- Technical issue problem solving, presentation, negotiation, communication, conflict resolution, audit and management skills.
- Five (5) years of Sybase database programming experience and management experience in a complex organizational structure.
- Master's degree.
- In-depth understanding of operational systems and practices in ambulatory or acute-care setting.
- Familiarity with operational and financial systems and practices within KFHPW.
- Proven consulting and complex analytic problem solving skills.